Website The Buckley School The Buckley School
The Buckley School
The Buckley School is a dynamic, nurturing learning community committed to equity and inclusion, and as such, seeks to hire talented employees with diverse backgrounds.
The Buckley School, Los Angeles’ oldest K-12 coeducational learning institution, has an opening for an Associate Teacher. Reporting to the division head, associate teachers collaborate with lead classroom teacher to create an educational program and a classroom environment in support of the school’s mission, Portrait of a Graduate, DEIJ initiatives, and Commitments, based on a belief that student agency and engagement is critical for effective learning.
· Plans, organizes and implements developmentally-appropriate learning experiences and classroom environment to fulfill the school mission, Portrait of a Graduate, DEIJ initiatives, Commitments, curricula and programs, and also ensures students find agency, purpose, and relevancy in their learning
· Provides differentiated instruction to meet individualized needs by creating meaningful relationships, and practicing growth mindset
· Provides for continued student learning during teacher absences from classroom
· Participates in regular review, revision, development and documentation of curriculum by utilizing recent research in neuroscience, education, psychology and futurism
· Participates in establishing grade level, departmental and/or school level curriculum goals.
· Upholds all expectations, policies and practices outlined in the school’s employee handbook, the collective bargaining agreement and other foundational documents
· Maintains accurate electronic records for each student
· Creates warm and uplifting professional relationships with students, families, and all constituencies of the school
· Communicates with students, families, and administrators effectively concerning student progress
· Serves as an ambassador for the school at all times, on and off campus, for example: upholding the expectations in the employee handbook; speaking positively about the school and its community members; participating in the school’s efforts to recruit and retain new families, faculty and staff; etc.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Teach a full load of courses, as defined by the collective bargaining agreement
· Serve as an advisor or homeroom teacher, as appropriate
Participate in the life of the school by attending assemblies, games, concerts, galas, and other school events.
· Provide supervision for lunch, study hall, recess, etc. and other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· Possess the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college
· A master’s degree and/or elementary teaching credential, plus three to five years of classroom teaching experience is preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Models the highest standards of professionalism and creates warm, uplifting and trusting learning environments and working relationships marked by humor, positivity, humility, empathy, excellent emotional intelligence, extraordinary interpersonal skills, and collaboration.
· Demonstrates great individual integrity, initiative, self-awareness, commitment to personal and professional growth, and the ability to receive and apply feedback
· Possesses a passion for education, particularly in an independent school environment, conveyed by a solid understanding of educational practice and philosophy grounded in DEIJ
· Knowledge of and demonstrated competency in diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
· Relishes the joys and challenges of working with k-5 students and possesses a deep understanding of the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development of elementary aged children
· Demonstrates adaptability, dependability, good judgment, strong social skills and the abilities to read, assess, imagine, evaluate, calculate, & make wise decisions
· Significant experience implementing instructional programs
· Demonstrates strong communication skills in person, in writing, by phone and through other electronic means (such as Zoom).
· Current knowledge of all subject area content
· Knowledge of specific instructional methodologies and the ability to learn and implement knew instructional practices over time
· Knowledge of and ability to implement useful diagnostic and progress assessment measures.
· Knowledge and effective use of instructional methods and learning materials.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Blackbuad/Education Edge, and the ability to learn new and evolving technology.
The Buckley School is comprised of faculty who are brand new teachers to experts in their field with over 20 years of experience. The broad range for an Associate Teacher which includes all experience levels is $40,960 – $88,530. As a school with a unionized faculty, compensation is determined in partnership with the union through the collective bargaining agreement. Faculty salaries are determined based on education, experience, part-time status, and number of months of work per school year.
The base salary does not include fringe benefits, such as retirement contributions, daily lunch, on-site parking, contributions to medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D plans, our generous time off policy, or potential stipends (for eligible employees). Our pay ranges are reasonable estimates of what the School anticipates paying for a role but are not guaranteed. If hired at The Buckley School, your actual base salary will be determined by your education, experience, and schedule.
Interested candidates should send their resume to [email protected].
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
The Buckley School, a K-12 college preparatory school with 830 students, is one of the most respected independent schools in the Los Angeles area. Buckley is known for its unique educational philosophy, the 4-Fold Plan of Education, which marries a whole-child approach with elements of structure, as well as for its warm, intimate educational environment.
The school’s curriculum balances academics, the arts, physical development and moral education. Its creative, personalized approach to education emphasizes high academic standards for all students, and includes traditional touches that develop the character and discipline that unlock students’ potential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com