Website Marymount High School, Los Angeles
Position Title: School Nurse
Reports to: Assistant Head of School for Student Affairs
Status: Full-Time Staff, Exempt, 10-month position
About Marymount High School
Marymount is an Independent, Catholic all-girls high school that fosters confidence, joy, leadership, and a sense of greater purpose in each student. Education of the whole girl is one of the most important pillars upon which the academic and co-curricular programs are built. The school celebrates the individuality of each student, empowering girls to become their best selves academically, emotionally, and socially. Established in 1923 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary (RSHM), Marymount High School shares the tradition of an international network of schools including sister schools in New York, Europe, and South America.
The School Nurse will treat students for medical issues, help prevent physical problems and disease, and coordinate routine health assessments and health screenings to mitigate health and safety risks. This position is responsible for helping develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures to support the school’s mission and comply with federal, state, and local laws.
- Responsible for professional, medical treatment of students.
- Provides emergency or minor first aid to students and school staff
- Evaluates students or employees with contagious or infectious diseases.
- Responsible for disease prevention and risk mitigation.
- Assists in promoting programs on health education and immunization.
- Maintains clinical records.
- Oversees emergency action planning and response with the Assistant Head of School
- Coordinates all emergency drills
- Maintains all emergency supplies
- Documents student and employee illness and accidents.
- Completes required state reports.
- Enforces the school’s protocol for blood-borne pathogens.
- Cares for chronic or acute illness, as well as injuries, in the school setting.
- Supervises and implements the school medication policy, administering medication of various sorts in accordance with RN licensure.
- Assists in instructing students in health and nutrition education.
- Assists with student attendance protocols
- Other duties as assigned.
In the event of a pandemic, works with the Pandemic Response Team on all COVID-19-related matters (or any other pandemic), including, but not limited to contact tracing, LADPH reporting, testing, attending LADPH telebriefings, and ensuring compliance with safety protocols and state and local guidance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Registered nurse (RN) certification preferred; will consider Licenced Vocational Nurse (LVN) certification and Physician Assistant certification.
- Current California nursing license required.
- School Nurse Certificate and Public Health Certificate are desirable.
- 2-5 years of medical experience, preferably in a school environment.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid Certification
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Proficient computer expertise in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs
- Knowledge of community agencies to help students and their families.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and employee health information.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of standing, reaching, and bending.
- Occasional lifting, under 5-10 pounds
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org