Website Campbell Hall School
Elementary School Associate Teacher
Salary range: $55,000 – $65,000
Campbell Hall, founded in 1944 and situated on approximately 15 naturally landscaped acres in North Hollywood, California, is an independent, all gender, college preparatory, Episcopal day school for students in kindergarten through grade twelve. The elementary division includes grades K-6 and is composed of approximately 350 students and 40 full- and part-time faculty and coaches.
The school is committed to fostering a community dedicated to honoring the diversity of the human experience. Campbell Hall welcomes candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in their teaching and learning. Campbell Hall believes in and operates on the premise that it is the right of all persons to seek work and to advance on the basis of their individual merits, ability, and potential. Campbell Hall has been, is, and will continue to be, strongly committed to the principle that equal employment opportunity must be afforded to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, family care status, veteran status, marital status, age, medical condition, and disability.
Campbell Hall is guided by the Episcopal tradition of open inquiry and spiritual formation and seeks faculty who are devoted to the pursuit of academic excellence and to the nurturing of decent, loving, and responsible human beings.
Campbell Hall Faculty Description
Campbell Hall (K-12, all gender, college preparatory, Episcopal) is seeking faculty who are dedicated to the developmentally appropriate education of the whole child; who are interested in learning as well as teaching; who connect their responsibilities with the philosophy and purpose of the school; who teach to empower as well as to inform; who are comfortable with questions as well as with answers; who can work with direction, focus, humor and dignity within the complexities of a diverse school environment; and who will be dedicated to promoting and maintaining an inclusive school community.
In addition to their academic responsibilities, Campbell Hall faculty are involved in many aspects of school life: coaching interscholastic athletics, chaperoning experiential education trips, participating in community service activities, helping students produce school publications, overseeing student council, and leading a special interest club are just a few ways faculty can be more deeply involved in the Campbell Hall community.
Campbell Hall faculty pride themselves on becoming involved in many aspects of the school community. They are dedicated to the implementation of a rigorous college preparatory academic program and are equally devoted to the emotional and spiritual development of each student. The result is a community where students and adults are confident to learn and grow.
The associate teacher at Campbell Hall is held in high regard. We value the role they play in the instruction of our students. They work in unison with a lead classroom teacher to meet a wide range of academic and social developmental needs of young children. The associate teacher model gives teachers who are relatively new to teaching the opportunity to work with an experienced lead teacher on all aspects of classroom life. In turn, the lead teacher/associate teacher model allows Campbell Hall to provide a collaborative team teaching approach that provides for low student-teacher ratio, small-group instruction, and individualized attention.
- At minimum, the associate teacher will have either student teaching experience or classroom experience with elementary aged children
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
Responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with the lead teacher and grade level team on classroom management and student success
- Share the responsibility, with the lead teacher, in maintaining the classroom environment (e.g. organizing materials, bulletin boards, setting up learning centers & work areas, photocopying materials)
- Develop relationships with the children in their class
- Communicate information to the lead teacher for conferences, progress reports, and report cards on behavior and social interactions
- Attend Back to School Night, Elementary Faculty meetings, Prospective Parent
- Orientations, and suggested professional development, including the Campbell Hall
- Summer Institutes, and Kindergarten Mini-Days
- Manage full class transitions and supervise recess, lunch, carpool and other duties as assigned
- Substitute for the lead teacher when necessary
Demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
- Accountability and data driven (proven by student work)
- Stamina (organized, punctual, reliable under pressure)
- Management (ability to manage behavior in a classroom of up to 25 students)
- Self-reflection (ability to accept and implement feedback)
- Preparation (ability to study curriculum and do the intellectual work needed to deliver instruction at a high level)
- Initiative, flexibility, team-player
- Dedication to the mission of Campbell Hall
- Deadline and detail driven
- Eagerness to go above and beyond the job requirements, to be innovative, and support the organization
Other items for consideration:
- Associate teachers should make themselves available to their lead teachers at least two weeks prior to the start of school to support curriculum planning and set up the classroom.
- Associate teachers with at least three years experience at Campbell Hall, not including student teaching or long-term substitute teaching, may apply for lead teacher job opportunities within the Elementary School.
- Working as an associate teacher does not guarantee a position as a lead teacher at
- Campbell Hall. Lead teaching opportunities are based on evaluation and experience and are open to an outside search.
- Associate teachers are encouraged to keep their resume updated and seek professional development opportunities.
- Associate teachers may not tutor or babysit for students currently in their class.
If interested, please complete our online application at: www.campbellhall.org/employment. Questions regarding this position may be directed to Robin Frank fran[email protected] or Rebecca Rowland [email protected].
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Campbell Hall believes in and operates on the premise that it is the right of all persons to seek work and to advance on the basis of their individual merits, ability, and potential. Campbell Hall has been, is, and will continue to be, strongly committed to the principle that equal employment opportunity must be afforded to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, family care status, veteran status, marital status, age, medical condition, and disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.