Windward School is a grade 7-12 college-preparatory, independent day school in vibrant West Los Angeles. Windward faculty and administrative leaders continually seek best practices and educational partnerships to help our students and faculty pursue their passions, engage in cutting edge work, and lead meaningful lives.
Windward’s mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to encourage each student to be responsible, caring, well, informed, ethical and prepared, thus promoting the fullest development of the individual.
Windward School is seeking an Assistant to the Head of School/Admissions Coordinator to work alongside the Head of School and Director of Admissions. This position is responsible for guiding prospective families through the admissions process, creating new student applications, coordinating events for the Admissions Department, and assisting the Head of School. The ideal candidate will have had experience in an admissions office, previous management experience, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and a desire to fulfill the mission of the School and its community.
Direct Report: Director of Admissions/Head of School
● Prospective family first point of contact
○ Assists families with the application process, general financial aid questions, Open House and tour questions, and questions about the School
● Assists the Head of School
○ Schedules meetings with all constituents
○ Assists the Board of Trustees
■ Attends meetings of the Board and Committee on Trustees
■ Maintains Board minutes and Board website
■ Sends reminders for all Board and Board committee meetings
● Process and manages student applications
○ Manages database and applicant household information
○ Processes outside organization applications (Alliance, Axis, Y.E.S.)
● Applicant Reports/Student Records
○ Creates bi-monthly applicant reports for Director of Admissions, Associate Director of Admissions, and Head of School
○ Creates weekly applicant ethnicity reports during open application season (July-December)
○ Creates applicant profiles for Director of Admissions
○ Creates feeder school profiles for Director of Admissions
○ Creates class lists (grade, ethnicity, gender)
● Collaborates with the Director of Development and Special Events for Admissions events, which include occasional after-school, evenings, and weekends:
○ Parent Open House, Student Open House, Prospective Parent Coffees, and New Parent Cocktail Welcome Reception
○ Creates and tracks invitations for Parent Coffee events
○ Handles reservations and waitlists
○ Works with Director of Events on design aspects and food ordering for events
● Creates Thank You notes for interviewed applicants
● Works with the Director of Admissions to coordinate parent volunteer opportunities
○ Calls families to help with Admissions events such as Parent Open House
● Coordinates lunch events for admissions visits
● Coordinate with the Communications Office for stationary, business card, and water bottle orders for admissions.
● Tracks re-enrollment contracts and contacts all outstanding re-enrollment contracts
● Preferred- Bachelor’s degree or 2 years of direct experience in an independent school admissions office.
● A preferred 2 years of experience in office management or in an independent school.
● Experience in an Admissions Department with creating and processing applications as well as having knowledge about the application process.
● Ability to be self-directed and demonstrate strong leadership.
● Outstanding oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
● Creative and innovative planner for events on campus. Able to collaborate with various team members from other departments to have events run seamlessly.
● Excellent multi-tasking abilities as well being able to resolve problems quickly.
● Ability to use discretion with confidential information.
● Proficiency in SchoolAdmin, Microsoft Office, and Google Office; willingness to learn new systems and techniques
● Willingness to honor the mission of the School and support the School community
This is a great chance to be part of a dynamic, close-knit, independent school culture and community. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
● Medical, dental, vision insurance
● Paid Holidays, Vacation and Wellness days
● Retirement Plan, including up to 6% employer match
● School-paid Life and Disability Insurance
● Flexible Spending Account Plans
● Annual $2,000 FlexCheck
● Annual $2,000 Lunch Allowance
● Access to Peak Performance Center to promote physical and mental health
● Wellness Initiatives
● Employee Assistance Program
● Tuition Remission
● Funds for Professional Development
● And much more!
For more information about Windward, see our website: www.windwardschool.org.
All interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Susan Herrera, Director of Human Resources, via the Application Link.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.