Website Wildwood School. Inc.
Wildwood School. Inc.
Wildwood School is an urban, coed, college-preparatory, K-12 school in West Los Angeles recognized for its innovative practices, progressive pedagogy, and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging. Celebrating its 50th anniversary, the school enrolls 725 students in three divisions on two campuses. Wildwood School’s deep commitment to ongoing professional development feeds a renowned Outreach Center that has provided programming for public and independent school teachers, administrators, and trustees in over 16 states and eight countries. Wildwood School is also a founding member of the Mastery Transcript Consortium.
Wildwood School is currently seeking a dynamic Physical Education teacher for a long-term sub position from January 2nd through March 22nd, 2024. Wildwood School looks to hire educators who are interested in and responsive to an evolving and innovative educational environment. Wildwood teachers are active participants in the life of the school who understand that we are all responsible for the learning, care, and growth of all Wildwood students. Teachers at Wildwood are encouraged to be life-long learners in their craft who enjoy opportunities to participate in or launch new initiatives.
This temporary part-time opening for a Physical Education Teacher calls for an educator interested and experienced in teaching PE to 6th-9th grade students.
Ideal candidates have:
● Work experience teaching Physical Education and/or coaching
● Demonstrated commitment to anti-bias education and diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Core duties of Wildwood teachers include:
● Collaborating with colleagues to design instructional materials, projects, and assessments
● Differentiating instruction to meet the needs of a range of learners
● Actively engaging in department work to align with colleagues and course standards
● Utilizing a variety of assessment methods to inform instruction
● Communicating proactively and consistently with students and families regarding student growth and development
Additional responsibilities of Wildwood teachers include:
● Chaperoning outdoor education or field trips
● Providing supervision for special events and during lunch, recess, and passing periods
To apply for this job please visit wildwoodschool.bamboohr.com.