Wildwood School is an urban, coed, college-preparatory, K-12 enrolling 750 students in three divisions on two campuses in West Los Angeles. Recognized for its innovative practices, progressive pedagogy, and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging, Wildwood School’s deep commitment to ongoing professional development feeds a renowned Outreach Center that has provided programming for public and independent school teachers, administrators, and trustees in over 16 states and eight countries.
The formerly cross-division middle/upper leadership team is reconfiguring into two division-specific teams with new roles for the 2023-2024 academic year. The Middle School Assistant Director for Academic Services, Teaching, and Learning will report to the Director of Middle School and work with the middle school leadership team to support 6th, 7th, and 8th graders (190 students), as well as approximately 30 faculty and staff. The Upper School Assistant Director for Academic Services, Teaching, and Learning will report to the Director of Upper School and work with the upper school leadership team to support 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders (240 students), as well as approximately 40 faculty and staff.
Wildwood School seeks independent school thought leaders with:
● classroom teaching experience;
● experience coaching teachers across disciplines to support a range of learners;
● knowledge and compliance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA);
● exceptionally strong organizational, collaboration, and interpersonal skills;
● excellent written, spoken, and non-verbal communication skills;
● demonstrated commitment to anti-bias education and diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging work;
● wisdom, empathy, judgment, and patience;
● superior skills in project and program management, and systems implementation;
● a strong work ethic in a fast-paced, change-oriented educational environment;
● genuine care for and inclination toward adolescents;
● proven success working with parents/guardians; and
● an excellent sense of humor.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● developing detailed learning plans for students identified with giftedness and/or learning challenges;
● determining and implementing learning accommodations and enhancements;
● interpreting neuropsychological testing and student data;
● facilitating student academic support concerns inclusive of student-specific learning strategies and differentiation, giftedness and/or possibly gifted programming;
● coordinating teaching and learning collaboration among teachers, parents/guardians, administrators, and outside professionals;
● supporting teachers new to teaching and/or new to Wildwood;
● Actively participating in the faculty support and evaluation process, including time spent observing in classrooms;
● collaborating with and supporting counterparts in other divisions for K-12 integration;
● serving as a student advisor as needed;
● leading and coordinating with the college counseling department to manage College Board SSD needs (upper school only).
Core responsibilities of all Wildwood School administrators include:
● actively participating in and contributing to the routine operations of the school;
● assisting with the recruitment, retention, evaluation, and support of faculty;
● designing and implementing faculty professional development opportunities and parent/guardian education programs; and
● participating in the admissions and enrollment process, including interviewing applicants and serving on the admissions committee.
Qualified candidates will have at least three years of relevant experience and related degrees in education, psychology, and/or special education. Master’s degree preferred.
Salary Range: $95,000-$125,000
Open Positions: 2
To apply for this job please visit wildwoodschool.bamboohr.com.