Website Westmark School
The difference is brilliant!
Payroll & Purchasing Coordinator
Westmark School is a creative and supportive college preparatory school dedicated to educating, empowering and celebrating students with distinct learning styles, providing the tools necessary to achieve successful and fulfilling futures.
Salary offered $65,000 – $75,000 depending on experience
Position Summary: The Payroll & Purchasing Coordinator is a newly created position aligned with Westmark’s strategic vision to enhance an effective and efficient Business Office meeting the needs of our faculty and staff to deliver payroll and other accounting services. Maintains outgoing funds through the management of 1) payroll records, including salaries, rates, timesheets, vacation/sick leave accruals, and 2) purchasing records, including invoices, credit card statements, petty cash, and the related accounting processes. Prepares and maintains associated reports and appropriate controls, policies and procedures.
Salary Offered: $65,000 – $75,000, depending upon experience
· Compiles and produces semi-monthly payroll, including the associated accounting and financial reporting and presentations;
· Inputs new employees as well as salary adjustments and stipends or miscellaneous payments into payroll. Collects and records hours worked for non-exempt employees. Tracks sick, vacation, personal leave accruals and usage as well as 403(b), FSA, etc. deductions for all employees;
· Computes, reconciles, and disburses funds to 403(b) retirement plan fund and FSA account providers;
· Prepares payroll journal entry for review and input into the general ledger;
· Assists with the completion of Workers’ Compensation claims and Workers’ Compensation Audits;
· Compiles and produces weekly account payables logs, including the associated accounting and financial reporting and presentations;
· Inputs invoices received into general ledger system. Codes invoices to applicable expense code(s). Produces weekly check run for review and signatures;
· Manages completion of the monthly credit card reconciliations. Collects receipts from credit card holders and ensures proper accounting of all charges.
· Maintains petty cash stock and handles monthly petty cash reconciliations and accounting; and
· Handles purchasing process for Westmark School: purchases books and classroom supplies for faculty. Purchases classroom furniture and other needs for academic spaces. Purchases office supplies, furniture, and other approved necessities for staff.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and 3+ years of related experience
● Knowledge of Paychex Flex payroll system and Blackbaud Financial Edge system preferred
● Strong knowledge of payroll concepts and DOL labor law in California
● Strong computer skills – Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite
COVID 19 – Westmark School follows CDC and LACDPH protocols. All employees must be fully vaccinated including any booster shots.
Competitive salary and comprehensive employee benefits package offered. The position will remain opened until filled.
Please forward a letter of interest and your resume to:
Attn: Doug Gardner, Director of Finance & Operations
5461 Louise Avenue | Encino, CA 91316
Westmark School is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and job performance. School policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions (including genetic characteristics or information), sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, and local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to Accounting@westmarkschool.org