Website Westmark School
The difference is brilliant!
Manages help-desk ticket requests, device repairs, installation, and maintenance of computers, laptops, iPads, SMART Boards, printers, and other hardware as well as the associated software used throughout campus. Troubleshoots hardware, software issues. Works with faculty, staff, students, and community members. Maintains all policies, procedures associated with end-user technology and reports when inconsistencies occur. Occasional evening and weekend work required. Salary offered ranges from $65,000 – $75,000, dependent on experience.
● Maintains efficient and functioning Help-Desk services providing technology support to faculty, staff and students by keeping accurate records of all service calls and adhering to timely response and reporting protocols;
● Performs hands-on fixes, including installing and upgrading software, installing and upgrading hardware and applications, and testing fixes to ensure the problem has been adequately resolved;
● Maintains all school-related hardware, including copy machines, printers, iPads, and laptops, and identifies, diagnoses and resolves technical issues with any and all school-related hardware in a timely and effective manner;
● Maintains detailed and comprehensive inventory of all school-related hardware, including copy machines, printers, iPads, and laptops;
● Routinely tests computer hardware and associated peripherals and software to ensure they are working properly and analyzes trends and performance of all school technological systems. Designs and provides preventative maintenance to prevent future problems on all school systems;
● Manages distribution, tracking and inventory, repairs, and storage related to the school’s 1:1 iPad program;
● Maintains timely and clear communication with all end users, including students, parents, and faculty, as well as other members of the Technology Department;
● Assists with the training of faculty, staff, students, and parents on device and software use and policies, including AV use and set-ups, when applicable. Maintain user accounts and profiles, email groups, etc.
● Sets up and deploys hardware, software and peripherals across campus;
● Prepares and maintains Help-Desk documentation of system configurations;
● Identifies and learns about appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the school; and
● Additional duties as assigned.
● AA degree and 3+ years of related experience.
● K-12 school experience strongly preferred. Independent school experience preferred.
● Background in working with individuals with learning differences or willingness to learn about language-based processing disorders, preferred.
● Desktop administration as well as helpdesk and/or remote support experience.
● Extensive experience in troubleshooting iPads, desktops/laptops (Mac and Windows), hardware, standard desktop software, network infrastructure, antivirus protocols, patch management, etc.
● Experience with MDM Solutions (JAMF, Kandji, Airwatch, Apple Configurator).
● Proficiency with SMART Boards and all of their features.
● Proficiency with iOS, Mac and Windows Operating Systems.
● Proficiency with O365 and Google Suite.
● Experience with Active Directory and Azure.
● Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and systems.
● Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills, problem solving, and organizational skills. This includes excellent organizational and analytical skills, as well as accuracy and attention to details.
● Ability to multitask, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and handle confidential information with utmost discretion.
● Comfort working in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work “outside the box” in assisting the technology team member when unanticipated challenges arise.
● Knowledge and experience in addressing faculty and staff calmly and professionally. Polite and calm demeanor – handles inquiries and works through problems tactfully and respectfully.
COVID 19: Westmark School follows CDC and LACDPH protocols for K-12 schools. All faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus including any booster shots.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work indoors and outdoors, sit in on meetings and work on a computer for long periods of time; and is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please email a letter of interest and your resume to:
Attn: Eric Quat
Westmark School is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and job performance. School policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions (including genetic characteristics or information), sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, and local laws.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com