The Archer School for Girls is seeking a skilled and experienced long-term substitute Mathematics teacher starting on August 16, 2022 and lasting through November 18, 2022. The position involves teaching Upper School mathematics classes using student-centered methodologies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to teaching 4-5 classes, serving as an advisor, and participating in co-curricular school activities. A desire to collaborate with colleagues and a commitment to encouraging the potential in every student is essential.
Our Math Department:
- Believes all students can learn math on a deep level
- Emphasizes sense-making and constructing viable arguments
- Incorporates application and modeling to give math context
- Balances reasoning and conceptual understanding with computation and symbolic fluency
- Puts the students at the center of the learning
- Organizes units and gradebooks with a hybrid standards-based grading approach
- Utilizes technology and digital tools in the classroom and has comfort leading online lessons remotely
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Holds a degree in mathematics or a math related field
- Has taught at least 3 years at the secondary level
- Works to effectively differentiate for diverse learners
- Collaborates well with colleagues within planning teams
- Routinely reflects on their lessons and seeks feedback
- Plans to work with teachers across disciplines for interdisciplinary projects
Our Expectations Include:
- Organizing rich, student-centered lessons and units
- Developing a classroom culture that is inclusive and safe for all students
- Teaching in a hybrid learning environment
- Mentoring a group of students as an advisor
- Committing to ongoing professional development
The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Serving 500 girls in grades 6-12, Archer’s joyful and ambitious learning environment is based on the latest research on how girls learn best. Beyond competitive pay and benefits, faculty enjoy working in a collegial, growth-oriented, and joyful community. We seek faculty who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to its mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically.
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.archer.org.