The Archer School for Girls in Los Angeles, CA, is seeking a Varsity Basketball Head Coach beginning October 10, 2022. The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that empowers young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Serving 500 girls in grades 6-12, Archer’s joyful and ambitious environment is founded on the latest research around how girls learn best. Archer provides a competitive athletics program that competes in the Independence League. We are looking for a qualified basketball coach that will emphasize the values of leadership, sportsmanship, and values that lie at the core of the athletic program at Archer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Varsity Softball Coach with
- exemplary coaching skills at the high school level
- strong experience in school-based athletics
- passion for teaching and learning from young people
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, direct, and administer policies for all team practices and games/tournaments 5 days a week
- Create purposeful practice sessions that engage all athletes and foster a lifelong love of sport
- Inspire girls to become confident, ethical leaders, strengthening their voices through individual and team challenges.
- Promote challenge-seeking and creative risk-taking through sport
- Collaborate with athletic support staff to meet team needs
- Communicate with athletes and parents
- Ensure proper safety measures are observed when conducting team activities
- Be responsible for the actions and conduct of the team whenever they are under your supervision
- Work with the Upper School Athletics Director on the selection and scheduling of team competitions.
- Coordinate all activities in preparation for scheduled competitions (set-up and break down of field)
- Attend appropriate athletic department staff meetings
- Give appropriate attention, care, and follow-up to student-athletes who are injured or ill, including filling out injury report forms.
- Experience as a club, high school or college-level Girl’s Basketball Coach; expert at providing differentiated instruction to athletes of all levels.
- Be organized and demonstrate a strong desire to build the program at all levels
- Knowledgeable of the fundamentals and techniques of competitive basketball
- Be a positive role model
- CPR/First Aid certificates preferred
Beyond competitive pay, Archer coaches enjoy working in a highly collegial, student-focused, and joyful community. We seek coaches who will contribute to an equitable and inclusive athletic environment.
Submit resumes to Kim Smith at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com