The Archer School for Girls in Los Angeles, CA, is seeking a Varsity Basketball Assistant Coach beginning October 10. The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Serving 500 girls in grades 6-12, Archer’s joyful and ambitious program is founded on the latest research around how girls learn best. Archer provides a competitive athletics program that competes in the Independence League. We are looking for a qualified basketball coach who will emphasize the values of leadership, sportsmanship, and values that lie at the core of the athletic program at Archer.
We are currently looking for an experienced Varsity Basketball Assistant Coach with
- exemplary coaching skills at the high school level
- strong experience in school-based athletics
- passion for teaching and learning from young people
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the planning, directing, and administering of policies for all team practices and games 5 days a week
- Assist the Head Coach in daily practice sessions, games, senior celebrations and CIF playoffs
- Assist in the execution of dynamic, engaging, and practices that provide challenge.
- Reenforce an environment of respect that is rooted in hard work, teamwork, sportsmanship, and championing teammates – life skills that will translate off the court.
- Collaborate with athletic support staff to meet team needs
- Ensure proper safety measures are observed when conducting team activities
- Be responsible for the actions and conduct of the team whenever they are under your supervision
- Assist in the coordination of activities in preparation for scheduled competitions
- Attend athletic department staff meetings
- Give appropriate attention, care, and follow-up to student-athletes who are injured or ill, including filling out injury report forms.
- Be a positive role model
- Experience as a basketball coach at the club, high school or college-level: expert at providing differentiated instruction to athletes of all levels
- Strong organizational skills and systems
- Demonstrate a strong desire to teach life skills through sport
- Knowledgeable of the fundamentals and techniques of competitive basketball
- CPR/First Aid certificates preferred
Beyond competitive pay, Archer coaches enjoy working in a highly collegial, student-focused, and joyful community. We seek coaches who will contribute to an equitable and inclusive athletic environment.
Submit resumes to Kim Smith at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com