The Archer School for Girls is seeking a skilled and experienced Visual Arts teacher starting in August 2022. The position involves teaching middle and upper school Visual Arts using a student-centered studio approach. Responsibilities include but are not limited to teaching 4-5 classes; serving as a mentor; and participating in co-curricular school activities. Interested candidates have expertise in drawing and painting along with a variety of media, including digital arts, film/video, graphic design, and sculpture. A desire to collaborate with colleagues and a commitment to encouraging the potential in every student is essential.
Our Arts Department:
- Teaches artistic skills and techniques
- Teaches students to think creatively and make connections
- Develops aesthetic awareness
- Offers opportunities for students to engage with the community
- Creates a venue for students’ creative expression
- Empowers students to develop their voice and expression
- Has a demonstrated commitment to supporting equity and inclusion
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Holds a degree in visual arts or related field
- Has taught at least 3 years
- Works to effectively differentiate for diverse learners
- Collaborates well with colleagues within planning teams
- Routinely reflects on their lessons and seeks feedback
- Plans to work with teachers across disciplines for interdisciplinary projects
Our Expectations Include:
- Designing student-centered lessons and units
- Building and sustaining an warm and inclusive classroom culture
- Having the skills to teach in a hybrid learning environment
- Mentoring a group of students as an advisor
- Committing to ongoing professional development
The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Serving 500 girls in grades 6-12, Archer’s joyful and ambitious learning environment is based on the latest research on how girls learn best. Beyond competitive pay and benefits, faculty enjoy working in a collegial, growth-oriented, and joyful community. We seek faculty who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to its mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically.
To apply, please click on the link below: http://www.archer.org/careers. No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.archer.org.