Website https://twitter.com/ArcherSchool The Archer School for Girls
Archer is seeking qualified, experienced candidates for the position of Learning Specialist, beginning in August 2023. The Learning Specialist joins the Student Services Team to support student learning profiles that require learning accommodations and educational interventions. This role serves as a liaison between students, teachers, parents, and outside professionals to coordinate compensatory strategies, executive functioning skills, and metacognitive awareness for students’ learning and academic success in grades 6-12.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work with Students:
- Interprets and translates educational testing results into appropriate accommodations and/or interventions in line with Archer’s programs and policies.
- Create, implement and update Individual Accommodation Plans (IAPs) for students who meet Archer’s eligibility requirements for school-based accommodations.
- Serves as a case manager for students with IAPs including writing, updating and ensuring proper implementation of accommodations.
- Plan and lead Archer’s Executive Functioning workshops and peer tutoring program for students to foster self-advocacy and metacognition among all students.
- Collect and assess data to support student progress.
Work with Families:
- Fosters clear and transparent communication including professional referrals for neuropsychological testing and/or outside professional support.
- Advise families and apply for Students Services & Disabilities (SSD) College Board and ACT Accommodation for standardized testing accommodations.
- Collect and share patterns of data relating to the IAP with parents and their outside professionals.
Work with Faculty:
- Collaborate with teachers on effective teaching strategies and differentiated instruction in the classroom to meet the needs of diverse learners with IAPs.
- Provide ongoing professional development on neurodiversity.
- Remain current on brain-based research and effective teaching practices for neurodiverse learners.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
This position requires a reflective, dedicated professional with an educational background and abiding interest in ongoing professional learning. Candidates should be eager to support developing minds in a joyful and ambitious learning environment. Essential skills include:
- outstanding interpersonal skills
- organization and time management skills
- strong oral and written communication skills
- flexibility and initiative
- comfort with data and attention to detail and accuracy
- growth mindset and belief in every student’s ability to grow their skills
- good judgment and ability to maintain clear professional boundaries
- a sense of humor and enthusiasm for a innovative and forward-thinking learning environment
Education and/or Experience
A minimum of 4 years of experience as a learning specialist or related field. A Master’s degree, Board Certified Educational Therapist (BCET), and/or Education Therapist/Professional (ET/P) is preferred.
Beyond competitive pay and benefits, employees enjoy working in a highly collegial, student-focused, and joyful learning community. We seek employees who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to our mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically.
Annual Salary Range: $90,000 – $125,000
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.archer.org.