The Archer School for Girls is seeking a skilled and experienced filmmaker in residence to teach film classes and oversee the Archer Film Festival for the 22-23 school year. The ideal candidate will have an MFA in film or equivalent professional experience and be passionate about empowering young women in film. Our artist in residence will train and support students using the technology available in our premiere Media Arts lab including a lighting studio, sound equipment and editing bays. Expertise in film and video production and screenwriting is essential. Mastery of the Adobe Creative Cloud and Final Cut Pro X is required. Candidates should be able to collaborate with teachers across our academic program and inspire our students to become the next generation of filmmakers.
Our Arts Department:
- Teaches artistic skills and techniques
- Teaches students to think creatively and make connections
- Develops aesthetic awareness
- Offers opportunities for students to engage with the community
- Creates a venue for students’ creative expression
- Empowers students to develop their voice and expression
- Has a demonstrated commitment to supporting equity and inclusion
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Holds an MFA degree in film or equivalent professional experience
- Has experience teaching
- Works to effectively differentiate for diverse learners
- Collaborates well with colleagues within planning teams
- Routinely reflects on their lessons and seeks feedback
- Plans to work with teachers across disciplines for interdisciplinary projects
Our Expectations Include:
- Designing student-centered lessons and units
- Building and sustaining a warm and inclusive classroom culture
- Having the skills to teach in a hybrid learning environment
- Mentoring a group of students as an advisor
- Committing to ongoing professional development
The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Serving 500 girls in grades 6-12, Archer’s joyful and ambitious learning environment is based on the latest research on how girls learn best. Beyond competitive pay and benefits, faculty enjoy working in a collegial, growth-oriented, and joyful community. We seek faculty who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to its mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically.
To apply, please click on the link below: http://www.archer.org/careers. No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.archer.org.