Website https://twitter.com/ArcherSchool The Archer School for Girls
Archer’s Teaching Apprenticeship offers new and aspiring teachers the opportunity to partner with expert educators in the classroom using the latest research on how our students learn and thrive. Apprentices get hands-on experience working alongside master faculty to develop a repertoire of future-facing educational practices. Ideal candidates have a growth-mindset, positive outlook, and a deep appreciation for the importance of working in a diverse and inclusive community. A passion for working with young people in a culture of teaching excellence is a must.
- co-teaching with a mentor in your discipline
- subbing across the curriculum
- participating in co-curricular school activities,
- providing administrative support as necessary
- supporting Archer Signature programs (i.e. Advanced Research, Artemis Center for Political Activism & Social Good, and Advanced Studies Symposium)
The Apprentice Program includes:
- Salary and full benefits
- Co-teaching up to 2 classes with expert mentor teacher
- Ongoing collaboration on curriculum and lesson design
- A formalized teacher education program including:
- Pedagogical instruction on research-based practices
- Apprentice learning cohort
- Individualized goal setting and ongoing planning and reflection meetings
- Formal and informal observations with feedback
- Resources to develop a repertoire of teaching tools and routines
- Participation in all internal Archer PD
- Professional networking opportunities
- Observation and collaboration with skilled teachers within and beyond subjects
- Peer support for professional growth, support, and reflection
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is necessary; a master’s degree and/or teaching credential is preferred.
The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Integral to our mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where students and teachers can thrive personally and academically. We look for candidates who want to join our joyful and ambitious learning environment and contribute to the diversity of experience, background, and interest in LA’s Independent Schools.
Annual Salary Range: $60,000 to $63,000
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. More information on Archer can be found at www.archer.org. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.archer.org.