Sage Hill School
Under the supervision of the Director of Technology, the Network Systems Engineer assists in maintaining, troubleshooting, analyzing and enhancing the school network, which includes endpoints, servers, LANs, WANs and all other software and hardware that makes up the network infrastructure. The position also assists as needed with the Technology Helpdesk tickets and employee device deployment. This position must possess current knowledge on the latest hardware and software technology trends.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Maintaining wired and wireless networking environment by installing, configuring, testing and documenting the equipment/network systems according to the design and specifications
- Assist with day-to-day networking tasks to ensure network reliability, availability, and serviceability with minimal interruption
- Monitor and analyzing network and system logs and health
- Assist with network and systems security settings for access/deny privileges for users and updates user account provisioning across systems
- Assist with network and systems technology projects, including installation of hardware, software and integration testing, as well as coordinating these activities without disturbing function of other systems
- Assist with producing documentation for installation, network topology, and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software with the Network Systems Manager
- Assist School Community with the use of technology for school-related tasks and events
- Provide technical support, respond to Helpdesk ticket requests, with the Technology Specialist
- Troubleshoot technology (software and hardware) problems
- Assist with the maintenance of all school data
- Work cooperatively with other members of the Technology Team on long-term improvement and maintenance projects
- May include additional nights and weekends as needed
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology
Supervisory Duties: None
- Communicate professionally and effectively in person, by phone and in writing providing high quality customer service, team-oriented
- Adapt to new software and hardware: understand technical manuals, follow support representative instructions, experiment and identify solutions, etc.
- Handle multiple tasks with focus and precision
- Demonstrate outstanding technical, analytical, troubleshooting and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Minimum of two years in college or trade school education in a computer-related field and at least two years of demonstrated experience with network technologies and protocols; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Proven experience supporting network printers and computer desktop support of recent computer operating systems, including Windows and Mac, and an understanding of mobile operating systems including iOS and Android.
- Working knowledge of a recent Windows Server OS; Windows Server 2016/2019 preferred.
- Proven experience supporting network printers and computer desktop support with recent computer operating systems, including Windows and Mac, and an understanding of mobile operating systems including iOS and Android.
- Practical knowledge of switches, routers, firewalls and wireless. Experience with Cisco and Palo Alto preferred. Work successfully with individuals of all ages in a grade 9-12 school environment and interact with various stakeholders in technology-related or school-related environments.
- Preferred professional experience in an independent school, college, or similar educational institution
- Preferred experience working with database information systems, e.g. Student Information Systems (especially with Blackbaud)
- Preferred certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+ and CCNA. Security +.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.