Website Rolling Hills Preparatory School
Rolling Hills Preparatory School
Rolling Hills Prep, Renaissance, and REACH Schools seeks a dynamic Executive Assistant to support the Head of Schools to begin in July 2022.
The most promising candidates will be highly collaborative, warm and engaging, and strategic visionaries who find joy working with students and families. They are approachable and responsive and possess strong communication and presentation skills. They are eager to serve as a support for the Head of Schools in all areas.
About our Schools:
Rolling Hills Preparatory School (RHP), Renaissance (Ren), and REACH Schools, a blend of three great schools in one vibrant school community, is a model unique in the independent school world. The schools are able to help students meet their potential as learners, innovators and global citizens. Students are drawn from a diverse economic, ethnic, religious, and social background.
The RHP, Ren and REACH schools’ community are a place where all learners are celebrated and supported. Ren and REACH are both designed to support students with learning differences. RHP is known for being “an academic powerhouse with a soul,” believing firmly that, given talented, committed teachers, passionate about their disciplines and supportive of the whole child, a school can prepare young people for success and happiness in college and beyond without burning them out in the process.
Located in San Pedro, nestled between horse farms and the harbor, this 31-acre campus is home to students and faculty that are passionate about inclusion, come from diverse backgrounds and identity markers, and believe education should be student centered.
Position Description The Executive Assistant to the Head of Schools provides a full range of administrative and strategic support to the Head of Schools. The Executive Assistant also holds the responsibility for oversight of the Head of Schools’ office, functioning as both an extension of the Head of Schools and ensuring both responsiveness, efficiency and warmth, so that everyone feels welcomed, respected, and well served. In addition, the Executive Assistant provides limited support to the Leadership Team, and manages a variety of special projects.
- Serves as a representative of the Head of Schools, answering questions, resolving issues, and making connections, always ensuring the Head and the Schools is represented in a professional, hospitable, and responsive manner
- Provides extensive support to the Head of Schools, completes tasks independently, facilitates communication, and anticipates and addresses the needs of the Head of Schools
- Serves as receptionist for the office of the Head of Schools: greets guests, answers phones and emails, and responds to questions from faculty, staff and visitors
- Manages Head of Schools’ business communication (phones, email, and mail) applying necessary judgment to determine priorities and importance
- Maintains the Head of Schools’ online calendar in Microsoft Outlook; prioritizes requests for the Head of Schools’ attention by managing the scheduling of meetings and appointments, coordinates activities and agendas, and uses tact and diplomacy to resolve appointment conflicts due to unforeseen circumstances
- Establishes systems to ensure the Head of Schools is provided with the necessary background information and briefing materials for meetings, events, and speaking engagements; researches, organizes, prepares, and presents information in a clear and concise manner
- Prepares purchase orders and processes invoices for goods and services for Head of Schools approval, working with the Business Office to ensure timely processing and payment
- Prepares the Head of Schools’ monthly credit card reconciliation and procures and attaches appropriate original receipts
- Maintains and manages an organized and logical filing system for all electronic and paper documents
- Manages Head of Schools’ business communication (phone, email, and mail), applying necessary judgment to determine priorities and importance
- Makes and manages all travel arrangements for the Head of Schools, including airline and hotel reservations, conferences and meeting registrations, transportation, etc.
- Organizes and coordinates catered luncheons and other events
- Attends and prepares minutes for meetings of the Board of Trustees, Executive Committee, Officers Committee, and Leadership Team
- Prepares the agenda and collates, compiles, and packages meeting materials for mailing and emailing to the Board of Trustees prior to each quarterly meeting
- Provides administrative support to the Board of Trustees, including correspondence, agendas and minutes/notes for Board meetings, and all logistics for meetings, retreats, and events
- Works with Senior Leadership Team to coordinate workflow, facilitate projects, and plan meetings and retreats
- Prepares and distributes the agenda for all-school meetings
Reviews, edits, and proofreads various documents
- Provides strategic and logistical support and management of special projects and institutional priorities identified by the Head of Schools
- Abides by the Rolling Hills Prep, Renaissance School, and REACH School Code of Ethics and Conduct
- Performs other duties as assigned by and in support of the Head of Schools
- Celebrate and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the community in alignment with the school’s Diversity and Inclusion Statement
- Proven experience as an Executive or Administrative Assistant; experience in a private school setting is preferred
- Superior organizational skills, project management experience and logistical skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all constituents in a school environment, including students, coworkers, parents, alumnae, volunteers, trustees, and the public
- Adaptability, honesty, self-reliance, teamwork, dependability, flexibility, willingness to listen and learn, work ethic, determination, persistence, problem-solving skills, loyalty, and congeniality are essential
- Proactive problem solving, both detail-oriented and flexible, demonstrating mature judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality and composure under pressure
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities strategically and under tight deadlines, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- Advanced understanding and ability to use computers and technology including Microsoft Windows and Office products, including a proficiency in the ability to mail-merge in Word and perform basic functions and formulas in Excel; prior experience with BlackBaud is preferred
- Proficiency in the use of basic office equipment such as printers, copiers, and VIOP phones
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Must successfully complete background screening and verification
- Position start date is July 1, 2022
- Compensation Range $28.00 – $32.00 per hour, depending on experience
- Applications are being screened as they come in with interviews happening on a rolling basis
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Regularly works in standard office conditions and climate
- Regularly uses close and distance vision, including working at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Frequently required to move around the office; works at a desk for extended periods of time; occasionally moves around campus
- Ability to occasionally move items weighing up to 30 lbs. across the office or campus
- Works in a highly stressful environment, effectively dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts with stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions
- Ability to regularly work flexible hours to support the Head of Schools with emergent and urgent items and to meet deadlines; position will require some non-traditional work hours, including occasional nights and weekends
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: No person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability/handicap, or religion, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination, harassment, or retaliation in the school’s employment opportunities.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, your resume, a one page administrative or executive assistant philosophy, and three current professional references to: Yolanda Holguin, Director of HR and Business Office, [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.rollinghillsprep.org.