Website PS1 Pluralistic School
K-6 Elementary School
PS1 Pluralistic School announces a search for an Elementary Math Specialist beginning in the winter term of 2023. This is a new full-time position that is added to the faculty. This person will join a growth-oriented, collaborative faculty in a supportive and committed school community. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in elementary mathematics instruction, a team player, and an effective communicator aligned with our goals to educate students who become problem solvers, communicate mathematically, and demonstrate mathematical reasoning ability.
The Math Specialist supports the K – 6th grade faculty to realize the goals of the PS1 Math Program. Our mathematics curriculum is a comprehensive approach to learning and understanding mathematics. Cognitive Guided Instruction (CGI) is the core of our program as we strive to create deep mathematical thinkers. We utilize CGI in combination with Bridges as our primary mathematics program, aligning with Common Core Standards for Mathematics (CCSM). The three components together provide a conceptual framework implementing a variety of tools for teaching and monitoring and clear standards for monitoring students’ progress. The math curriculum promotes learning as a collaborative and social endeavor.
The Math Specialist will be working as part of a team with faculty to improve math instruction:
● Coaching faculty on CGI and differentiated math instruction through observation and feedback and demonstration of lessons
● Collaborating with faculty on culturally responsive curriculum design, unit design, and lesson design, adapting instructional resources to meet the needs of individual students
● Curating and streamlining formative and summative assessments to be used school-wide
● Aligning the mathematics curriculum framework to ensure a logical progression school-wide
● Coaching faculty on specific mathematics instructional tools
● Working in classrooms to providing direct instruction to students who would benefit from support or extension of lessons
● Facilitating professional development on math instruction
● Leading workshops for the community on math learning
● Communicating in newsletters, the website, and verbally in public forums the hallmarks of the PS1 Math Program
● Expertise and experience with Cognitive Guided Instruction and the Bridges Math Program and CCSM
● Successful experience working with a diverse adult and elementary student population
● Understanding of the hallmarks of a progressive educational experience
● Successful experience coaching, mentoring, and partnering with faculty
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a teacher
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Excellent organization and time management skills
● Ability to initiate and execute projects through to completion
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 – 5 professional references.
Please apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1544869/PLURALISTIC-SCHOOL-INC/Math-Specialist
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.