Website PS1 Pluralistic School
K-6 Elementary School
At PS1 Pluralistic School, our mission statement inspires all our work – PS1 is a diverse community committed to an ever-evolving model of pluralistic elementary education. On a path to self-knowledge, students engage and become the best versions of themselves. They develop critical academic and interpersonal skills to be confident and passionate contributors to an increasingly connected world.
PS1 is a K-6 elementary school in Santa Monica. We are collaborative community where teachers work in partnerships to teach, advise, supervise, and care for the whole child in multi-age classrooms. Teachers work in partnership with parents, advocate and promote the School, work collegially with administrators and fellow faculty, and grow professionally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to, the following)
– Plan for and teach interdisciplinary curriculum
– Collaborate with co-teachers
– Communicate with parents in a timely and professional manner
– Participate in school events (including but not limited to Curriculum Night and Parent Conferences, Admissions Events), field trips, and faculty meetings
– Attend faculty orientation week and end of the year professional development week
– Participate on committees within the school
– Support the mission of PS1
– Other duties as assigned in partnership with the Asst. Head, Head of School, or designee
– We seek candidates who have experience working in a progressive child-centered model.
– We seek candidates who have experience with and interest in immersion-based classroom experiences for students.
– Successful candidates will have evidence of utilizing student-centered, communicative activities that simulate real-life scenarios and collaboration to bolster and augment proficiency of the curricular content.
– We seek candidates who are active, reflective professionals striving to meet the needs of every student.
– Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
– At least three years teaching experience preferred, ideally at the elementary school level
– Experience with Teachers College Reading and Writing Program, Cognitive Guided Instruction Mathematics preferred
Please send cover letter, resume, educational philosophy statement, and references to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org