Website Polytechnic School
Polytechnic School seeks a Varsity Football Head Coach to join our independent, coeducational college-preparatory school in Pasadena, CA. Poly offers a broad curriculum in the liberal arts for students in kindergarten through grade 12. Founded in 1907, the school enrolls approximately 860 students from diverse ethnic, racial, religious, and economic backgrounds.
The Varsity Football Head Coach will serve as the program director for the entire football program, providing oversight and consistency to the Varsity and Junior Varsity programs. This coach will have significant input in the recruitment, mentoring, and retaining of the football coaching staff in grades 9-12. This applicant should be a creative motivator, have effective communication skills, and possess a positive coaching style. This individual will also need to set Varsity-level expectations for the football program while maintaining strong, healthy relationships with players, parents, teachers, and administrators.
Terms of employment: Hourly Rate
Season: Fall 2022 (August – mid-November)
Practices: Monday through Friday, 3:45 to 5:45 p.m.
Contests: Times vary
– Fosters the department and school philosophy and mission statement of Polytechnic School;
– Establishes philosophy and system to teach fundamental skills and techniques to his or her staff and student-athletes;
– Keeps informed and implements league bylaws, rules, and regulations, as well as those of the school’s Athletic Department handbook, CIF-SS Blue Book, and National Federation Rules Book;
– Sees that lower-level head coaches, assistant coaches, and student-athletes adhere to the CIF Code of Ethics;
– Coordinates contest transportation and early departure time and/or other special arrangements as discussed with and approved by the athletic director;
– Assists in the care and upkeep of facilities and equipment;
– Maintain team web page (rosters, results, etc.);
– Delegates supervision assignments to his coaching staff, including locker room, practice area, buses, locker room, away games, weight room, etc., in order to maintain safety;
– Attends appropriate meetings for CIF-SS, league, coaching staff, and Athletic Department;
– Helps represent the department at a variety of events, such as but not limited to admission open houses, general parent meetings, banquets, etc.
– Five years of previous high school Varsity coaching or equivalent;
– Ability to supervise Varsity assistant(s), lower-level head and assistant coaches, and student-athletes;
– Ability to instruct fellow program coaches and student-athletes in fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training;
– Driver’s license, insurance, and ability to drive school van;
CPR certification (provided by Polytechnic School Athletic Department);
– Completion of CIF Coaches Principle Course, NFHS Concussion Course, NFHS Sudden Cardiac Arrest Course, NFHS Heat Illness Prevention (provided by Polytechnic School Athletic Department);
– Instill the values of good character and fair play, along with acting as a positive role model.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
– Work in outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold;
– Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Polytechnic School is committed to attracting and retaining talented, dedicated employees through a competitive compensation plan that is commensurate with experience. A full benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision coverage and a 403 (b) retirement plan.
The mission of Polytechnic School is to develop the intellect, talents, and character of each student in a community of learning dedicated to principles of academic excellence that values the uniqueness and dignity of each member and fosters personal responsibility and service to others. We are committed to honesty, justice, charity, and the pursuit of knowledge. We respect the dignity and worth of all human beings — their thoughts, their feelings, and their individuality. We seek to celebrate the joy, the love, and the creativity that emanate from the human spirit. We strive to be responsible and contributing members of our families, our school community, and the world. The Poly community appreciates the cultural, ethnic, and economic diversity present in the Pasadena area and strives to reflect it. Members of the Poly community appreciate and learn from individual differences, foster the ability to disagree with civility, and embody courtesy and compassion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, Poly will recruit, hire, train, and promote faculty and staff without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation (including heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, medical condition and physical or mental disability (whether perceived or actual), or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. School policy also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.