The Administrative Assistant to the High School Principal supports the High School Principal and the High School Dean by handling administrative operations for the high school helping to assure that our students have an enjoyable, challenging endeavor while attending Oakwood School. The incumbent assists in managing the Principal’s calendar including scheduling meetings with students, parents, teachers, deans, support services and others. The Assistant keeps abreast of pertinent information regarding daily operations of the high school and provides administrative assistance for all school programs and events.
● Performs the full range of administrative tasks in support of the Principal and Deans including scheduling meetings, writing letters, developing presentations and reports, maintaining lists, ordering supplies, responding to requests, preparing class schedules, taking accurate and complete meeting notes, and filing as required;
● Provides timely information to the school community about high school events;
● Schedules classroom observations and follow-up meetings with various Department Chairs and Principals;
● Assists the high school Dean in coordinating the advisory program
o Coordinates and supports all high school advisor meetings,
o Obtains and distributes supplies, and
o Maintains advisor schedule;
● Assists Principals in planning and coordinating experiences such as grade level orientations, Open House, field trips, dances, and admission events;
● Responds to requests for information and provides assistance to students and parents;
● Maintains planned absence forms for high school faculty; and
● May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree desired and 3+ years of related experience in a similar role within an established institution required,
● Commitment to the DEIB statement of philosophy with demonstrated knowledge in anti-bias and anti-racist policies and procedures
● Proficient computer skills using MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
● Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including maintaining confidentiality and the ability to respond clearly and diplomatically at all times, and
● Unquestionable personal and professional integrity.
To apply for this job please visit oakwoodschool.applytojob.com.