Website Marymount High School, Los Angeles
Marymount High School seeks an innovative, experienced, creative, collaborative, and engaged Director of Marketing & Communications to lead institution-wide communications efforts and initiatives. The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for the continued development and implementation of an integrated marketing and communication program that encompasses publications, digital media, print materials, and media relations to ensure that communications effectively illustrates and supports the mission and strategic objectives of the school. This position manages the Associate Director of Communications and is a member of the Senior Administrative Team and the Advancement Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an annual integrated marketing and communications plan for the school that ensures regular, clear, relevant, and timely information and communications.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Team, Administrative Team and other departmental areas of the school to maintain brand and messaging consistency across all external and internal communications.
- Serve as the lead brand ambassador by ensuring that all marketing and communications materials reflect the ethos, vision, mission, values, and strategic commitments of the school.
- Oversee the production and design of newsletters, magazines, brochures, videos and other print and online communications in a timely manner.
Edits and writes articles and content for the magazine, website, annual report, brochures and social media.
- Support the Admission and Development Office as well as other departments as needed with material creation, design, and execution.
- Develop and implement an effective public relations program, actively pitching stories that highlight our unique Mission, student activities and other efforts of the school.
- Manage and update website content for Marymount website (www.mhs-la.org) and oversee messaging strategy for official Marymount social media platforms, working across the department to post content.
- Shoot, edit, and upload video content and photography for the school’s website and use in marketing and constituent communications, publications and other school presentations as needed.
- Design and implement strategic paid ad campaigns, overseeing advertising placement for Admissions Office, Girls Leadership program, summer school program, and other school initiatives as requested.
- Actively brainstorm and implement new ideas for inbound marketing campaigns, measuring the effectiveness of campaigns by analyzing website and social media metrics.
- Key member of the Crisis Communication Team, handling all communications both internally and externally.
- Provide support for student and parent club electronic communications and presentations as requested.
- Participate in school-wide committees including but not limited to: Advancement, IC (Implementation Committee), and the Enrollment Task Force of the Board of Trustees.
- Comply with all Marymount High School policies, procedures, and quality standards as well as safety and environmental regulations. Demonstrate an appreciation and willingness to support the mission of the school.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School and Director of Advancement.
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a relevant area of marketing and communications, preferably an independent school or non-profit setting.
- Must be a team player and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to multitask.
- Ability to work on a deadline independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is required.
- Experience with website design and maintenance is required.
- Solid understanding of web analytic tools like Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with inbound marketing platforms preferred.
- Familiarity with Blackbaud ON Suites preferred.
- Passion for working for an all-girls independent-Catholic learning community and a strong commitment to Marymount’s mission.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org