Website Marlborough School
JV Tennis Coach
Reports to: Athletic Director & Varsity Head Tennis Coach
Responsibilities: The JV Tennis Coach provides support to the Head Coach with leadership, supervision and organization for the Marlborough School Basketball Program and is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the entire athletic program within the guidelines of the Marlborough Mission and the Athletic Department Philosophy.
● Keeps abreast of new ideas and techniques by attending clinics and workshops, researching in his/her field and encouraging the assistant coaches to do the same.
● Remains knowledgeable of rules and regulations concerning his/her sport, and keeps abreast of changes.
● Adheres to the rules and regulations of Marlborough School.
● Remains active in professional organizations such as the state coaches association.
● Assists the Head Coach and Athletic Director as needed.
● Assists the Head Coach and Athletic Trainer with ensuring all athletes are cleared for participation.
● Reviews the School’s policy on accident reporting and insurance procedures.
● Explains all the regulations of the School presented in the Marlborough Student Handbook of Expectations to athletes.
● Provides the Athletic Director with proof of Red Cross, First Aid and CPR certification, as well as all other required training.
● Assists Head Coach with ongoing care of equipment and facilities being used.
● Applies discipline in a firm and positive manner as outlined in the athletic policy.
● Ensures that facility regulations are understood and enforced.
● Emphasize safety precautions and use accepted training and injury procedures.
● Conducts oneself and teams in an ethical manner during practice and in contests.
● Provides the Athletic Director with a copy of all general correspondence and bulletins to student athletes and parents.
● Accompanies and directs the varsity team and assistant coaches, in all interscholastic activities.
● Attends all Athletic Department scheduled meetings.
● The ideal candidate should possess at a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
● A minimum of 5 years of coaching experience at the secondary, club or collegiate level.
● Covid-19 Vaccination Required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com