Website Marlborough School
7 & 8th Grade Soccer Coach
To Apply: If you would like to apply for this position, please access the link to our online application management system at http://www.marlborough.org/about/employment
Reports to: Head Soccer Coach, Athletic Director, Associate Athletic Director
Responsibilities: The 7/8th Grade Soccer Coach assists the Head Soccer Coach in providing leadership, supervision and organization for the Marlborough School Soccer Program. The 7/8th Grade Soccer Coach is responsible for coaching the team assigned to him/her by the Head Coach of the program under the guidance of the Athletic Director. He/she is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the entire athletic program within the guidelines of the Marlborough Athletic Department Philosophy.
● Assists the Head Coach in formulating objectives for the coming sport season.
● Keeps abreast of new ideas and techniques by attending clinics and workshops.
● Remains knowledgeable of rules and regulations concerning his/her sport, and keeps abreast of changes.
● Assists the Head Coach in implementing running out of season clinics.
● Remains active in professional organizations such as the state coaches association.
● Assists the Head Coach in maintaining equipment and helps keep an accurate inventory.
● Assists the Head Coach as needed.
● Reinforces all regulations of the School presented in the Marlborough Student Handbook of Expectations, as well as the Marlborough Coaching Handbook.
● Assists the Head Coach with proper care of equipment, facilities, and other duties as assigned.
● Checks arrangement for all bus/Suburban trips with the Athletic Department.
● Prepares and runs a pre-season parent meeting to review expectations for the season while clarifying all rules and regulations.
● Assumes responsibility for ongoing care of equipment and facilities being used.
● Assumes supervisory control over any team(s) as assigned by the Head Coach/Athletic Director.
● Works with Athletic Department to organize and schedule practice sessions on a regular basis with the idea of developing the athlete’s greatest potential.
● Keeps a detailed record of attendance for all practices and competitions.
● Ensures that facility regulations are understood and enforced.
● Emphasize safety precautions and uses accepted training and injury procedures.
● Conducts oneself and teams in an ethical manner during practice and in contests.
● Reports outcome of contests to the Athletic Department.
● Instructs players on rules and rule changes, and new ideas and techniques.
● Provides the Athletic Director and Associate Athletic Director with a copy of all general correspondence and bulletins to student athletes and parents.
● Adheres to the rules and regulations of Marlborough School.
● Attends all Athletic Department and League scheduled meetings as requested by the Head Coach/Athletic Department.
End of Season:
● Assists the Athletic Department on the systematic return of all school equipment/uniforms.
● Submits to the Head Coach/Athletic Department any recommendations for schedule for next year.
● Assists the Head Coach in selecting equipment and makes recommendations for purchases.
● Evaluates past season and reports to the Athletic Director/Associate Athletic Director.
● The ideal candidate should possess at a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
● A minimum of 5 years of coaching experience at the secondary, club or collegiate level.
● Covid-19 Vaccination Required.
To apply for this job please visit www.marlborough.org.