Website Marlborough School
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Manager
Department: Academic Resource Center (ARC)
Reports to: Associate Head for Finance and Administration
FLSA Status: Exempt
To Apply: If you would like to apply for this position, please access the link to our online application management system at http://www.marlborough.org/about/employment
Marlborough seeks an innovative, experienced, and engaged IT Manager to oversee the School’s administrative information technology efforts. This full-time position reports directly to the Associate Head for Finance and Administration. The IT Manager supervises a full-time Technical Support Specialist and a full-time Information Systems Administrator and Registrar.
The IT Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance of the School’s network infrastructure, as well as troubleshooting software and hardware issues, configuring and maintaining systems, and performing equipment maintenance and repair. The ideal candidate will oversee installation of hardware and software and train the end users. The IT Manager also interacts closely with the School’s technology consultant on a variety of matters related to network and systems monitoring and maintenance.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualities: excellent written and verbal communications skills, highly organized, ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once. The ideal candidate should also be comfortable working with personnel within a school environment and understand processes, workflows and goals.
Essential Job Functions
● Manage/maintain the School’s network including: firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, physical and virtual servers, and VoIP phone system.
● Manage/maintain all software services such as DNC, DHCP, AD, Google Services, and File and Print services
● Responsible for advocating and coordinating network changes on behalf of internal users
● Coordinate with technology consultant on potential data and other security issues, including ensuring best practices with respect to user training
● Identify and act on opportunities to improve and update information systems
● Conduct regular system audits
● Oversee and determine time frame for major information technology projects
● Analyze products and make recommendations on use of new technology products and services
● Coordinate with School’s technology consultant to ensure proper backups of all systems are completed on a regular basis
● Work with Technology Support Specialist to:
○ Provide help desk services, which include resolving hardware/software problems, answering questions and tracking requests
○ Install the latest upgrades and fixes
○ Provide hardware and software support to end users
○ Maintain computers, printers and other peripherals
○ Provide technical support to students
○ Configure, deploy and manage all classroom technology
○ Manage a large fleet of Macbooks in a school environment using tools like Mosyle MDM
● Work closely with ARC team members and school personnel generally
● Manage and work collaboratively with Technical Support Specialist and Information Systems Administrator and Registrar, including matters related to data management and reporting
● Interface with the School’s technology vendors and consultant
● Develop and review budgets, and approve invoices as needed
● Stay current on new trends in information technology
● Create and maintain technical disaster recovery plan
● Document software policies, procedures, and change orders
● Perform analytical, technical, and administrative work in the planning, installation and support of new and existing systems
● Maintain School’s inventory of hardware and software
● Identify and implement processes for the School’s helpdesk software so that tickets are processed in an efficient and timely manner
● B.S. or B.A. degree in computer science
● Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively as part of a team
● Strategic planning and tactical execution
● Responsibilities may require evening or weekend work
● Excellent written and oral customer service skills
● Experience in managing Office 365, Google Suite, etc.
Marlborough School is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit www.marlborough.org.