Website Marlborough School
Job Title: Gift Entry Specialist
Reports to: Donor Relations Manager
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Revised: September 12, 2022
To Apply: If you would like to apply for this position, please access the link to our online application management system at http://www.marlborough.org/about/employment
Marlborough is an independent, college-preparatory day school for girls in grades 7-12 which enrolls students from over 100 different public and independent elementary schools in the greater Los Angeles area. Students of color represent nearly 40% of the student body. Located in Hancock Park, one of Los Angeles’ most beautiful residential areas, Marlborough’s central location makes for easy access to the many activities in metropolitan Los Angeles, ranging from world-class museum collections to lively ethnic dining. Conscious of the opportunities at its doorstep, Marlborough sees the city as an extension of its classrooms.
Under the supervision of the Donor Relations Manager, the Gift Entry Specialist is the gift processor for Marlborough’s Advancement team and is responsible for the data hygiene of the team’s Raiser’s Edge database. The Gift Entry Specialist will process gifts daily, maintain individual and bulk record data updates, and produce data files for the team’s bulk mailings, all in an accurate and timely manner. In addition, the Gift Entry Specialist is responsible for acknowledging and receipting all gifts as well as maintaining and calling up electronic copies of acknowledgement letters and receipts upon request.
Essential Job Functions
● Receives and processes gifts daily, including online transactions, mailed in gifts, stock gifts, gifts-in-kind, matching gifts, pledges, and other special donations as appropriate
● Uploads processed gifts daily to the parent and alumnae volunteer module which updates volunteers on their prospect status
● Maintains the online giving page
● Ensures the integrity of the database by regularly maintaining and updating constituent records as well as by identifying and implementing ongoing data clean-up processes
● Works with the Information Systems Administrator and Registrar to implement individual and bulk parent and student record updates
● Processes and mails acknowledgement letters and gift receipts twice per week
● Maintains electronic copies of acknowledgement letters and gift receipts as well producing the electronic files upon request
● Processes acknowledgment of in gifts in memoriam/in honor of on a weekly basis
● Regularly produces data files for hard copy mailings and electronic mailings for members of the Advancement team and occasionally for other staff members of the school
● Generates constituent pledge reminders on a regular basis
● Assists with preparation of Advancement events by producing mailing lists and maintaining RSVPs in the database
● Assists with various duties at Advancement events including registering and checking in guests
● Assists Donor Relations Manager with donor reports as needed
● Handles other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
● Participates in school-wide events and meetings
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred
● At least three to five years of professional work experience in data management
● Proficiency in job related computer programs, such as Raiser’s Edge, MS Word, Excel, and Google Suite
● Ability to perform complex mail merges
● Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
● Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to enjoy getting to know the school’s diverse constituencies
● A cooperative team approach with colleagues and a willingness to take on responsibilities beyond those explicitly defined
● Good sense of humor and willingness to be part of a collaborative team of advancement professionals
● Sound judgment relating to confidential projects, school or student matters, including effective communication regarding such matters to the appropriate individuals
● Ability to work some nights and some weekends
Marlborough School is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit www.marlborough.org.