Website Marlborough School
Job Title: Assistant Athletic Director
Reports to: Athletic Director
FLSA status: Exempt
Revised: April 25, 2022
To Apply: If you would like to apply for this position, please access the link to our online application management system at http://www.marlborough.org/about/employment
Under the direction of the Athletic Director, the Assistant Athletic Director assists with developing, planning, organizing, and managing interscholastic athletics and the Sports Medicine program.
Essential Job Functions:
● Assists in administering the school’s interscholastic athletic program. Works with Athletic Director to direct and implement both existing and new programs.
● Assists in personnel and administrative functions of coaching (including hiring, counseling, training, supervising, evaluating) for purposes of maintaining necessary staffing, enhancing productivity of staff, and ensuring necessary outcomes are achieved
● Establishes working relationships with co-workers and functions as part of a cohesive team
● Assists with the coordination of the 7/8th Grade Athletic Program (scheduling, staffing, game coverage, etc)
● Ensures equipment is appropriate for student physical development and skill level
● Monitors interscholastic athletic regulations, and ensures athletic eligibility standards are being met and maintained
● Builds internal/external partnerships that support the goals of the program and enhances student learning
● Articulates a clear philosophy and shared vision of learning
● Assists with public relations for the athletic department, including management of social media accounts
● Promotes the school’s mission, philosophy, and vision
● Advances the school’s professional image
● Maintains open/effective communication
● Maintains accurate detailed records and confidentiality
● Tracks all required CIF coaching certifications.
● Follows-up with coaches to complete appropriate reports for all accidents and files reports with appropriate offices.
● Assist with mentoring new coaches through their transition to the school and their tenure at Marlborough.
● Plans and executes the Sports Banquets
● Works with Athletic Director and Administrative Assistant on scheduling of games
● Provides game day coverage for home games, and attends away games as agreed upon with Athletic Director
● Master’s Degree in Sports Management OR equivalent combination of education and experience
● Prior experience in a school environment
● Previous college or high school coaching experience
● Flexibility required to meet needs of changing athletic schedule
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Comprehensive knowledge of interscholastic athletic program regulations
● Advanced computer skills including document/memo preparation, spreadsheets, and presentations
Marlborough School is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit www.marlborough.org.