Website Marlborough School
Job Title: Athletics Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Athletic Director
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $25.00/hr. ($52,000 annually)
Revised: May 2023
To Apply: If you would like to apply for this position, please access the link to our online application management system at https://www.marlborough.org/about/careers
Under the direction of the Athletic Director, the Athletics Administrative Assistant provides general administrative support to the Athletic Director and to the overall operations of Athletics.
Essential Job Functions
● Updates the Marlborough School athletics website/CIFSS Home website.
● Updates My Marlborough and trains coaching staff on use of My Marlborough
● Handles communication with student-athletes, employees and parents/guardians.
● Oversees the distribution, collection, accurate inventory, and overall condition of team uniforms and athletic apparel.
● Coordinates the athletics transportation schedule, including the organization of transportation to all off-campus practices and contests.
● Arranges for officials for home contests.
● Confirms all games, transportation and officials for athletic contests.
● Organizes and maintains weekly dismissal schedules for all teams.
● Oversees the distribution of coaching gear.
● Communicates daily with the Athletic Director to ensure successful operation of the Athletic Office; maintains on-going to-do list; prepares reports as requested.
● Maintains Office calendars, including the Athletic Director schedule.
● Processes check requests and tracks other School budgets under the purview of the Athletic Director.
● Provides general support for other programs as requested by the Athletic Director.
● Maintains record keeping of student-athletes sports participation, awards, etc
● Provides administrative support for seasonal Athletic Recognition Events (program, awards, patches, etc)
● Updates event management system as needed.
● Attends all Athletic Department and coaching staff meetings.
● Attends all Support Staff meetings and provides coverage for other departments as needed.
● Assists with ordering equipment, uniforms, and supplies as needed.
● Issues game contracts to opponents, when necessary.
● Accepts delegated responsibilities as needed.
● 2 to 4 years of experience providing administrative support, preferably in an athletic or school environment.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; resourceful problem solver.
● Strong working knowledge of Google platforms and Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
● Highly organized with an ability to work successfully both independently and in a group setting.
● Strong customer-service orientation and overall team player.
To apply for this job please visit www.marlborough.org.