Francis Parker School
About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1315 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.” Francis Parker School has two campuses in close proximity. One in Mission Hills (Lower School JK-5), and a second in Linda Vista (Middle and Upper School 6-8 and 9-12, respectively).
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, the Graphic Designer will work to develop exceptionally designed communications materials in a variety of modalities including print, digital, websites, email, and social media to inform the internal and external Parker community members of key information, news, events, and other topics that advance the School’s mission and strategic goals.
· Graphic Design and Publishing
· Creates content tied to Parker’s mission, vision, and core values, and balanced between all three divisions within the subject areas of Arts, Athletics, Academics, and Alumni News.
· Create compelling print and digital content to support the School’s communications campaigns.
· Create materials for multiple School departments and divisions, including Admissions, Advancement, and Athletics. Materials include invitations, postcards, programs, and more.
· Create graphic designs to support social media campaigns and Parker Magazine.
· Update and add content to the School’s websites.
· Regularly review the School’s websites to ensure information accuracy, proper display on multiple devices, and site health.
· Social Media
· Create media (graphics, images, videos) to post on social media.
· Participate in social media planning activities.
· Steward the School’s editorial and brand standards by ensuring consistency and visual integrity on all communications.
· Revise communications from multiple departments to ensure alignment with the School’s brand guidelines.
· Crisis Communications
· Participate in reputation management and media monitoring.
· Participate in crisis communications response and support.
· Act as a liaison with third-party vendors and assist in managing those relationships.
· Share administrative duties with other team members.
· Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related area.
· Two or more years of related experience, and/or equivalent experience and training.
· Solid knowledge of communications principles, concepts, strategies, and best practices.
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Current knowledge of social media platforms and current communications technology with the ability to demonstrate best practices.
· Proven project management skills and ability to drive a project from concept to completion.
· Experience with managing or updating websites.
· Ability to work well within a team and with other groups within the School.
· Ability to analyze data from campaigns and be able to draw insights with actionable recommendations based on the analysis.
· Experience collaborating/working with outside organizations.
· Acute attention to detail, accuracy, grammar, and punctuation.
· Strong time management skills.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow.
· Highly motivated, productive, and deadline oriented.
· Good judgment, tact, diplomacy, and ability to guard confidentiality.
Skilled in the use of:
· AP Style
· Google products such as Gmail, Drive, Docs, Slides, and Sheets
· Microsoft Office Suite
· Blackbaud OnProduct software
· Adobe software including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, and others
· Content management systems such as WordPress
· Social media monitoring software such as Sprout Social
· Working knowledge of HTML
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
If interested in the position, please fill out the electronic Francis Parker School Employment Application HERE (https://hipaa.jotform.com/220175339310144). You will need to upload the following documents during this process: a cover letter and resume.
If you CANNOT or DO NOT wish to submit your application through the link above, a cover letter, resume, and a completed employment application should be submitted electronically to:
Lori Biggs, Head Marketing and Communications
Please find the PDF of our employment application here: find it here (https://www.francisparker.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Parker-Employment-Application-Revised-1-22.pdf)
Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit hipaa.jotform.com.