Francis Parker School
About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1315 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.” Francis Parker School has two campuses in close proximity. One in Mission Hills (Lower School JK-5), and a second in Linda Vista (Middle and Upper School 6-8 and 9-12, respectively).
The Francis Parker School Advancement Office supports and expands the School’s culture of philanthropy. The Administrative Assistant, Gift Processor & Donor Data Coordinator plays a vital role in fulfilling this commitment and is the primary support person for the Advancement team, which supports and works collaboratively with the Communications, Marketing, and Admissions teams. This person plays a customer service role to members of the team, Board of Trustees and Trustee Committees, parents, students, grandparents, faculty and staff, and alumni, and understands the balance between the need for information and discretion.
· Communicate and cultivate relationships with donors and constituents to ensure proper stewardship of their support.
· Serve as the Advancement team leader on the School’s internal data processes, procedures, and best practices.
· Manage the School’s Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge (RE) NXT database (i.e., biographical records, queries, imports, exports, and reports); create, track, maintain, and upload all constituent records and information.
· Enter and process all gifts, pledges, and payroll deductions into RE; communicate gift information to the Advancement team daily.
· Generate, review, and send Advancement Office communications (i.e., acknowledgment letters, receipts, reminders, and mail lists/labels).
· Process information from multiple databases (i.e., GiveCampus, Betterunite) into RE.
· Work collaboratively with Business Office; provide all gift documentation for financial reconciliation.
· Coordinate and oversee monthly gift and summary reports (i.e., participation, parent giving by student class).
· Prepare all lists and information for the annual Report on Philanthropy and INDEX/DASL report.
· Maintain and execute the production calendar of 40-50 mailings and communications each fiscal year.
· Supports all Advancement Office activities and events, including annual and special campaigns.
· On-site daily, including the final week of the fiscal year and calendar year, to ensure effective and efficient gift processing and reporting/
· Other duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of a customer relationship management (CRM) software system or similar software system.
· Attention to detail and the ability to provide the highest level of data integrity.
Demonstrate the highest level of confidentiality for donor information privacy.
· Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel Skills.
· Excellent working knowledge of computer operating systems, including email, database and internet, and ability to learn new systems and software.
· Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks appropriately.
· Excellent customer service and verbal/written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and build strong professional relationships with various constituents (faculty, staff, and administrators).
● Ability to interact well with various people, handle time-sensitive and multiple tasks simultaneously, be self-motivated, and work well in a team environment.
● Ability to exercise good judgment, problem-solve, and manage multiple projects.
● High level of analytic skills necessary.
● College degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Pay Range: $22 – $29 per hour, based on experience.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, creed, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
If interested in the position, please fill out the electronic Francis Parker School Employment Application HERE (https://hipaa.jotform.com/220175101423136). You will need to upload the following documents during this process: a cover letter and resume.
If you CANNOT or DO NOT wish to submit your application through the link above, a cover letter, resume, and a completed employment application should be submitted electronically to:
Shara Freeman Hoefel, Assistant Head of School for External Relations
Please find the PDF of our employment application here: find it here (https://www.francisparker.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Parker-Employment-Application-Revised-1-22.pdf)
Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit hipaa.jotform.com.