Francis Parker School
About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1315 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.” Francis Parker School has two campuses in close proximity. One in Mission Hills (Lower School JK-5), and a second in Linda Vista (Middle and Upper School 6-8 and 9-12, respectively).
The Educational Technology Coordinator, in collaboration with the Director of Instructional Technology and Information Systems, is responsible for facilitating the implementation and integration of technology in 6-12 classrooms. This position will mainly support the Upper School Division. The Education Technology Coordinator also provides ongoing job-embedded professional development for teachers on infusing technology into the core curriculum areas, models effective instructional strategies using technology, and leads discussions with teachers on the latest research on technology integration. Finally, this position will assist teachers in using technology for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students.
This opening is a 12-month position for the 2022-2023 school year starting the first week in August. Their responsibilities include:
· Help to develop an environment, which encourages effective use of technology
· Works closely with Edtech Coordinators to set goals and implement processes to improve instructional needs and further student learning through an intentional use of technology.
· Works with other department members and faculty to identify and implement appropriate technology to fulfill curriculum objectives
· Model and support Faculty to design learning experiences and environments to meet the needs and interests of all students.
· Assist students in the use of technology
· Aid other department members with the management of technology resources
· Identifies technology integration competencies among instructional staff, in collaboration with school administrators, and delivers appropriate coaching, training, and resources to support the professional growth of individuals.
· Create curriculum and tutorials for the use of Technology by faculty and staff.
· Present a professional image as a representative of the School
· Understanding of different learning styles and modalities
· Act a coach to inspire Faculty to use technology to create equitable and ongoing access to high-quality learning.
· Model digital citizenship and support educators and students in recognizing the responsibilities and opportunities inherent in living in a digital world.
· Establish trusting and productive relationships with educators in order to improve instructional practice and learning outcomes
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Actively participate in professional learning networks to enhance coaching practice and keep current with emerging technology and innovations in pedagogy and the learning sciences.
· Partner with educators to identify digital learning content that is culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and aligned to content standards.
· Collaborate with educators to develop authentic, active learning experiences that foster student agency, deepen content mastery and allow students to demonstrate their competency.
· Design professional learning based on needs assessments and frameworks for working with adults to support their cultural, social-emotional and learning needs.
· Partner with educators, leaders, students and families to foster a culture of respectful online interactions and a healthy balance in their use of technology.
· Empower educators, leaders and students to make informed decisions to protect their personal data and curate the digital profile they intend to reflect.
A leader who has taught in the 6-12 classroom for at least five years
Possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
Demonstrate strong instructional and classroom management skills, ideally developed in a STEAM environment
Familiar with multi-media production, coding and robotics, and learning management systems
have a clear understanding of the ISTE Standards for Students, Educators, and Coaches
Familiar with common educational technology software and apps and capable of curating them for effectiveness and grade-level appropriateness
Have strong working knowledge of MacOS and iPad OS
Possess advanced knowledge of the Google Workspaces
Have a clear understanding of the design process and an abiding interest in using it to help students learn new skills, create and innovate, solve problems, and develop increasingly sophisticated projects
Successful working collaboratively within teams
Have a strong grasp of Digital Citizenship and the ability to teach it to students
Direct experience leading professional development programming with educators for at least two years
Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and set priorities within time constraints
Ability to learn, retain, and implement knowledge quickly
Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
Ability to exercise good judgment, problem solve and manage multiple projects
Excellent oral and written communication skills required
Strong collaboration and communication skills with a variety of stakeholders (staff, faculty, students, parents)
Extensive walking throughout the campus.
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
If interested in the position, please fill out the electronic Francis Parker School Employment Application HERE (https://hipaa.jotform.com/220175728477160). You will need to upload the following documents during this process: a cover letter and resume.
If you CANNOT or DO NOT wish to submit your application through the link above, a cover letter, resume, and a completed employment application should be submitted electronically to:
Frederic Skrzypek, Director of Instructional Technology and Information Systems
Please find the PDF of our employment application here: find it here (https://www.francisparker.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Parker-Employment-Application-Revised-1-22.pdf)
Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit hipaa.jotform.com.