Website Foothill Country Day School
Position: Director of Auxiliary Programs
Reports To: Head of School
Position Status: Full-time, exempt
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Holiday Pay
The Director of Auxiliary Programs (Director) is a key role and part of Foothill Country Day School’s (Foothill’s) leadership team. The Director is responsible for all operations that support auxiliary services at Foothill. The Director develops, implements, and reviews all current practices and programs to guarantee great service to the Foothill community and is also responsible for generating new revenue streams while aligning with Foothill’s strategic goals. The Director will seek to increase the school’s visibility with prospective families, peer institutions, and other organizations in the wider community through opportunistic facility rentals, enrichment classes, and special programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Diversify Foothill’s revenue through auxiliary services by creating and growing business opportunities for the School.
· Develop, market, schedule and oversee current and future auxiliary programs.
· Recruit, hire, train, and supervise teachers, staff members, and third-party providers to facilitate auxiliary programs, ensuring that all instructors perform their duties with the highest level of professionalism.
· Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Director to market the auxiliary programs and generate enthusiasm for and promote the programs’ success.
· Generate rosters, facilitate the flow of students to auxiliary activities, and oversee dismissal process at the end of the day.
· Manage registration and billing processes for auxiliary programs.
· Handle disciplinary issues that arise in the auxiliary programs, including parent follow-up and communication with appropriate Division Directors.
· Represent and serve as the official spokesperson of the School’s auxiliary programs at local events, fairs, and festivals.
· Build awareness of Foothill’s enrichment programs and facility opportunities to the wider community.
· Coordinate with Facilities Manager and Technology Systems Administrator to arrange for auxiliary program facility and technology equipment needs, as well as maximize facility space planning and usage.
· Work with the Director of Finance & Operations to develop budgets and ensure the profitability of the programs.
The ideal candidate will have the following educational and work background:
· Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
· Master’s degree in school administration business, marketing and communications, training and development, or a related field, preferred
· PK-8 education administrative experience and/or recreation program planning and supervision, strongly preferred
· 5-10+ years of paid, full-time experience working with children in a school or recreation setting, one year of which should be in a program/curriculum design capacity
· Experience in financial management and revenue diversification strategies
· Certification and service as a state-level judge for Debate and Odyssey programs (Certification and training offered through Foothill Country Day School)
· Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
· Understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion and its centrality to the Foothill mission
· Finds joy in working with children and has extensive knowledge of child development
· Has an interest in providing quality hands on, inquiry-based projects, enrichment and recreation experiences
· Has knowledge of curriculum planning, instructional techniques and management in a multi-age classroom
· Enjoys being creative, with the ability to research and identify market trends and new programs of value
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Is highly organized with strong attention to detail and can handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
· Is self-driven, generates new ideas and is able to adopt an effective course of action
· Ability to negotiate, mitigate conflict, build alliances, and inspire others to achieve goals
· Is computer literate with the capacity to learn new software and juggle several databases at once
· Knowledge of Chinese language and culture is not required but would be beneficial
· Valid CA Driver License
· First Aid/CPR Certification and TB Clearance
· Some evening, overnight and weekend work or travel
· Working hours generally 9:30am to 6:00pm, with some evenings and weekends, as well as during school break periods and summer
Must provide verification of COVID-19 vaccination or contact Human Resources to request a religious or medical related exemption
Foothill Country Day School provides a competitive wage and an inviting, professional, and collegial working environment and is an equal opportunity employer and abides by all local, state, and federal laws in its interview and employment practices. Physical presence is an essential function of the job.
Interested candidates may apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Katherine Torres, Human Resources Manager, at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com