Website Chandler School Chandler School
Position: Middle School Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Middle School Director
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time, 12 month position
Chandler School is a co-ed, K-8, day school enrolling 450 students.
The mission of Chandler School is to provide each student with the highest quality and most academically challenging education in a nurturing, balanced, and diverse environment. We strive to have our students gain a love of learning, a means of thinking independently, and an ability to work collaboratively. A Chandler education seeks to develop good character, self- reliance, and a commitment to community in students as a foundation for academic and personal success.
Primary Responsibility: The Middle School Administrative Assistant provides confidential and professional support to the Middle School Division and must manage individual projects and duties as assigned by the Middle School Director. Some of these functions include but are not limited to:
Visitor Reception & Professional Manner
- Serve as the front person in the Middle School Office, welcoming and directing visitors.
- Be courteous and respectful at all times to parents, colleagues, children and guests.
- Partner with the Advancement Team for parent volunteer opportunities. Receive and direct parent volunteers.
- Handle confidential information as directed by the Middle School Director with the expectation that the material will remain confidential.
Calendar Management & Divisional Meeting/Event Coordination
- Maintain the Middle School Director’s calendar(s) and manage appointments as directed. Access additional administrative and divisional calendars as directed.
- Schedule meetings requested by employees, parents, students, etc.
- Order and receive catering and supplies for divisional meetings and events.
- Contact and correspond with individuals as requested by the Middle School Director.
- Schedule responsibilities for high school admissions meetings, visits and information sessions.
- Assist in the coordination of the admissions calendar with regard to scheduling student interviews and providing parent guidance through the process.
- Schedule and coordinate divisional field trips and bus reservations in coordination with the Middle School Director, Business Office and other relevant personnel.
- Support Middle School Director and faculty with preparation for and execution of divisional events (Ex. Middle School Back-to-School Night).
- Collaborate with the Advancement Team to plan and execute commencement.
- Coordinates substitute teachers and teaching assistants in partnership with the Lower School Administrative Assistant to ensure all positions are filled daily.
- Maintains records of substitute assignments and corresponds with the Business Office to ensure accuracy on vendor statements.
Clerical Support & Student Records
- Provide full clerical support to the Middle School Division including: typing and email correspondence, scheduling (including meetings), copying, filing, mailings, etc.
- Work with key partners such as lunch service providers, school departments, CFA (parent volunteer group), etc. to ensure smooth campus operations.
- Supervise the organization, restocking, and general usability of break, juice, and copy rooms.
- Coordinate student locker information and maintain records of locker locations.
- Coordinate with other departments, including Technology and Maintenance, to ensure supplies are made available and support tickets are submitted properly and properly checked in and out (ex. loaner headphones).
- Collect daily attendance, email attendance updates to employees and maintain student attendance records.
- Support Middle School Director and Registrar with student record preparation, formatting, filing, printing, mailing, etc.
- Support the high school admissions process through coordination of recommendations, transcripts, welcoming visiting schools to campus, scheduling school visits for students, and data analysis.
First Aid & Student Health Management
- Provide basic first aid assistance for students with minor injuries, aches and pains.
- Complete incident/injury forms and communicate with parents and teachers about the incident/injury, the student’s condition and our response.
- Collect and maintain accurate student health records including: allergy information, emergency response plans and immunization forms.
- Prepare health information and student medicine for field trips and special events.
Collect and maintain written records for student medication. Distribute medication according to written plans and communicate with families about the written plans.
Student Supervision & Campus Safety
- Supervise students during arrival/dismissal and/or snack/lunch recess duties as assigned by the Middle School Director.
- Complete tasks to ensure student safety as assigned by the Head of School and outlined in Chandler School’s emergency response plans and procedures.
- Support students in connecting with relevant personnel when needed (ex. School Counselor).
Other Working Relationships
Must be able to effectively work with:
Head of School & Administrative Offices
Admissions & Enrollment Management
Advancement & Strategic Initiatives
Business, Finance and Human Resources
Operations & Technology
Middle School Director and Lower School Director & Administrative Assistant
Faculty & Staff
Alumni, Neighbors & Guests
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Strong language skills – ability to read and interpret documents and must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- The ability to be easily understood when welcoming parents, students and visitors and when answering the phone.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills both in written and oral form.
- Demonstrate effective and tactful communication skills, both in written and oral form.
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion and in accordance with the school handbook or legal standards.
- Experience with/proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google OS knowledge, and Excel is preferred. Must be familiar with Macintosh operating systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with student information systems (SIS) and/or databases (specifically Blackbaud) preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and phone etiquette.
- Efficient principles, practices, techniques, and procedures for managing and working in an office setting.
- Skills related to formatting business letters correctly, writing reports, maintaining records and filing systems, as well as relevant editing techniques.
- Understanding of and experience with academic record keeping, grading and transcript preparation preferred.
- Perform a range of administrative and clerical duties simultaneously, with speed, accuracy, and the ability to handle frequent interruptions.
- Exhibit flexibility in responding to impromptu demands and can work well under pressure while meeting established deadlines.
- Capable of creating, editing, and distributing various types of written correspondence, including memorandums, forms, reports, and departmental publications with clarity and precision.
- Establish and manage various records and filing systems.
- Proficient in utilizing email/internet, word-processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphics/presentation software applications in the course of assigned duties and maintains up-to-date knowledge of advancements in office technology.
The person in this position is required to sit, talk, hear and to visually intercept visitors. This employee works primarily indoors in an office setting and may be required to be able to lift up to 30 lbs. Both close and distance vision is required.
Education & Experience:
While a college degree is highly desirable, any combination of education and training, as well as work experience, that equips the individual with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered. A minimum of two years of experience as an assistant is required.
$65,000 – $80,000
Send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com