Website Campbell Hall School
Campbell Hall Episcopal
Campbell Hall, founded in 1944 and situated on a 15-acre campus in Studio City, California, is an independent, all-gender, college preparatory, Episcopal day school for students in kindergarten through grade 12. Campbell Hall is a community of inquiry committed to academic excellence and to the nurturing of decent, loving, and responsible human beings. As an Episcopal school, Campbell Hall thrives as an interfaith community that actively seeks to learn from the many religious traditions represented by faculty, students, and families.
The school is committed to fostering a community dedicated to honoring the diversity of the human experience. We are committed to confronting racism, bigotry, and bias in all its forms and ensuring that every community member feels safe, accepted, seen, and heard. Campbell Hall believes in and operates on the premise that it is the right of all persons to seek work and to advance on the basis of their individual merits, ability, and potential. Campbell Hall has been, is, and will continue to be, strongly committed to the principle that equal employment opportunity must be afforded to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, family care status, veteran status, marital status, age, medical condition, and disability.
- Serves as the schools front of house sound mixing engineer for all event setups and breakdowns on campus, such as performing arts productions including live theater, theater tech, dance, and choral and instrumental music concerts, as well as weekly chapels, guest speakers, and constituent events.
- Solicits, plans, and executes audio/visual setup needs for events, ensures that the venue is show-ready and reports changes back to Event Operations Supervisor.
- Maintains and services all A/V equipment and gear, including choral mics, amps, speakers, lavaliers, mixing boards, and help to maintain the hardware and software equipment in the recording arts production lab.
- Works closely with both the Operations and Performing Arts departments, reporting primarily to the Director of Operations.
- Mentors 1-2 secondary students (7-12th grade) in sound engineering as part of the Theater Tech program.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
- Professional certification in audio field or comparable experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Front of House experience in venues, theaters, gymnasiums, multi-purpose rooms, and classrooms.
- Ability to thrive and problem solve in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to work autonomously and in team settings.
- Expertise in sound systems (setting up, running board, striking, and operation), wireless sound and frequency requirements/availability, microphones (setting up for optimum sound quality, running levels during rehearsals/events), sound mixing and balancing, live audio recordings and post production mixing of show recordings.
- Able to troubleshoot audio and recording studio software.
- Experience in set-up/running/breakdown of live professional events.
- Experience using Google Suite (docs, sheets, calendar, etc). Experience using event management software is a plus.
- Proven ability to balance long-term and short-term goals.
- Experience working in a school environment is a plus.
This position will be divided between stationary work (35%) and moving actively about campus (65%). This role requires frequently moving equipment weighing up to 40 pounds and will occasionally move items up to 60 pounds without assistance.
If interested, please complete our online application at: www.campbellhall.org/employment
- Questions regarding this position may be directed to Pamela Hopson Connor [email protected] or Rebecca Rowland [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Campbell Hall believes in and operates on the premise that it is the right of all persons to seek work and to advance on the basis of their individual merits, ability, and potential. Campbell Hall has been, is, and will continue to be, strongly committed to the principle that equal employment opportunity must be afforded to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, family care status, veteran status, marital status, age, medical condition, and disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.campbellhall.org.