Website Campbell Hall School
TITLE: High School Academic Dean
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: High School Principal
JOB STATUS: 12 month position, Exempt
Campbell Hall, founded in 1944 and situated on 15 naturally landscaped acres in Studio City, California, is an independent, all-gender, college preparatory, Episcopal day school for students in kindergarten through grade twelve. The school is committed to fostering a community dedicated to honoring the diversity of the human experience, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, and creed, place of national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or physical ability.
The Academic Dean shall report to the High School Principal and assist the Principal in the organization, administration, and supervision of all High School personnel, instruction, curriculum, and communication as it pertains to the academic program and student scheduling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observe teachers in their classrooms, evaluate performance, and provide feedback.
- Conduct conferences with parents, students, and teachers concerning school and student issues.
- Assist in developing and implementing appropriate teaching methodologies in the classroom.
- Assist with developing and monitoring strategic planning initiatives.
- Make recommendations to improve course offerings and instructional delivery, with the goal to enhance student achievement.
- Support students during the course add/drop period.
- Oversee Academic Affair Committee petition submission and review process.
- Prepare agendas for Academic Review Committee meetings.
- Oversee Independent Study proposals.
- Support students studying away for a semester/year with course scheduling planning.
- Maintain physical and electronic records including student cumulative folders, transcripts, class rosters, and grade books.
- Work collaboratively with college counseling to submit senior transcripts.
- Process all requests for official transcripts for current and former students.
- Supervise all official communications from the High School office and other departments (admissions, communications) including registration and back-to-school information.
- Work with the admissions team and business office to ensure timely and accurate registration of new students and withdrawal of departing students.
- Work with the technology department to process all end-of-year records and new school year procedures.
- Support admissions office with documentation needs for incoming international students.
- Coordinate grade and narrative reporting process including communication with faculty, management of student incompletes, verification and correction of official grades.
- Prepare and distribute CIF and Campbell Hall eligibility lists for Athletics and
- Performing Arts at the end of each official grading period.
- Work collaboratively with technology staff to calculate grade point averages, honor roll, headmasters list, cum laude, and all other official GPA reports.
- Manage all grade changes, withdrawals, and GPA recalculations.
- Work with the Athletics Department to ensure appropriate Athletic credit is awarded after each season.
- Maintain official student attendance records.
- Prepare all reports regarding official student attendance.
- Coordinate with High School Assistant Principal communication regarding attendance calculations and grade reductions.
- Communicate with health office regarding students cleared for attendance
- Support assistant principal in maintaining records and requesting medical documentation needed for students with chronic medical conditions.
- Coordinate with Technology, Admissions, College Counseling, Advancement, and
- Business Office to ensure the appropriate selection, implementation, use, and maintenance of technologies to support the needs of PowerSchool SIS.
- Work collaboratively with technology to assign, distribute and troubleshoot parent, student, and faculty PowerSchool and PowerTeacher account issues.
- Maintain database integrity, protocols, and security through regular monitoring, error correction, and data clean-up.
- Assess administration and staff training needs and provide both training and ongoing support, enabling effective use of the SIS
- Provide PowerTeacher ProGradebook support and training to faculty as needed.
- Ensure accurate and timely data flow between systems and constituents.
- Contribute to conversations and initiatives regarding campus-wide technology mission.
- Prepare all materials for spring course scheduling.
- Work collaboratively with High School Assistant Principal on electives presentations, student course requests, master schedule, and student schedules.
- Facilitate course request approval process, including compliance with prerequisites, with department chairs.
- Coordinate add/drop process in August and January.
- Prepare secondary school teacher and room charts in collaboration with MS office.
- Chaperone at experiential education trips and other student events.
- Assist College Counseling department with annual School Profile.
- Assist campus administration with the preparation of reports and student data information.
- Coordinate the ordering of graduate diplomas.
- Process student work permits.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous registrar or database manager experience preferred
- Extensive experience with PowerSchool SIS, Blackbaud SIS, or similar database
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong aptitude for technology including Excel, GoogleDocs, creating and modifying queries, mail merges, and database maintenance
- Experience in master scheduling preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, with ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Works with a high level of efficiency and adheres to deadlines
- Understanding of state and federal privacy laws and best practices in record keeping
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to understand, communicate, and adhere to campus policies
- Minimum of 2 years of high school level administrative experience or curriculum/instruction leadership
- Minimum of 3 years of high school teaching experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Leadership experience in staff development, curriculum, and assessment
Occasional travel; frequent prolonged and irregular work hours.
If interested, please complete our online application at: www.campbellhall.org/employment
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Campbell Hall believes in and operates on the premise that it is the right of all persons to seek work and to advance on the basis of their individual merits, ability, and potential. Campbell Hall has been, is, and will continue to be, strongly committed to the principle that equal employment opportunity must be afforded to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, family care status, veteran status, marital status, age, medical condition, and disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.campbellhall.org.