Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for an experienced nurse for the East Campus (grades 6-12) to begin immediately. We are looking for individuals with an RN or LVN license in California (a School Nurse Certificate and Public Health Certificate are desirable). The nurse works collaboratively to support the learning experience of students by providing students with health care and evaluating their health needs.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Provide major and minor first aid to students and referring students to community agencies and clinics as required
● Develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures in support of the school’s mission and in compliance with federal, state, and local laws
● Consult with and providing advice to the administration, faculty, and staff regarding students’ specific health issues which may impact their learning experience
● Serve as a health education resource contact for students, parents, and employees
● Maintain student health/medical files
● File required state reports
● Engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion
● Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
● Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
● Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one’s growth, knowledge, and skills
● Other duties as assigned by the Directors, Middle and Upper School
In addition, a candidate should possess the following professional and personal qualities:
● Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competence
● Commitment to professional growth and to high professional standards
● Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
● A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
● Flexibility and a strong work ethic
● Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills
● A minimum of five years of experience in a related field of nursing
COVID vaccination is required for this position unless a candidate has a legally valid exemption.
The salary range for this position is based on annual $80,00 – $110,00 and will be prorated according to the period of time the candidate is employed in this role.
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Senior Executive Assistant
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com