Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Middle School Human Development Teacher
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Middle School human development teacher, to begin in August of 2022. We are looking for individuals from independent, public, private, or charter schools, with experience in teaching middle school-age students and one or more degrees in psychology, social work, or child development.
It is expected that a successful candidate would:
● Teach four sections of Middle School human development
● Serve as an advisor to a group of students
● Make human development meaningful and relevant by inspiring students
● Communicate with students and parents as necessary
● Revise and plan new curriculum in conjunction with other members of the human development
● Incorporate educational technology throughout instruction and coursework
● Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
● Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
● Engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of
diversity, equity and inclusion
● Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one’s growth, knowledge, and skills
● Perform additional duties, such as leading a club and chaperoning events, as needed
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
● Strong collaboration skills and cross-cultural competence
● An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
● A commitment to equity and inclusion
● A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
COVID vaccination and booster will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Interim Middle School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com