Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Director of Athletics, to begin July 1, 2022. The Athletic Director is a member of the Brentwood School Leadership Team and reports to the Upper School Director. The Athletic Director has the responsibility for the overall proper functioning of the Brentwood Athletic Department in a manner that reflects the school’s mission and core values.
The major responsibilities of the position include the leadership and management of the athletic department in the following major areas:
● Providing a safe and secure environment for all athletic related activities
● Recruiting, evaluating, and supervising of all coaches with the support of the Associate Athletic Director (grades 7-12)
● Ensuring proactive communication with all school entities regarding athletic affairs
● Engaging and supporting students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
● Creating an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied points of view
● Managing the athletic department budget
● Supervising the Associate Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director and College Counseling Athletic Liaison, an Athletics Administrative Assistant, and two Athletic Trainers
● Engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion
● Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one’s growth, knowledge, and skills
● Other duties as assigned by the Director of Upper School or the Senior Administrative Team
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
● Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency
● An interest in and openness to professional development
● Commitment to equity and inclusion
● Excellent communication skills
● A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
An understanding of, and familiarity with, the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and the Southern Section is preferred.
COVID vaccination and Booster will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Assistant to the Head of School
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org