Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Assistant Director of the Belldegrun Center for Innovative Leadership
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for Assistant Director of the Belldegrun Center for Innovative Leadership (BCIL) beginning in July 2022. We are seeking individuals with administrative experience to maintain a dynamic environment in the Center.
Summary of Position: The Assistant Director of the Belldegrun Center for Innovative Leadership (BCIL) supports K-12 BCIL programming with a focus on engaging students and faculty in real-world problem solving and development of BCIL Core Leadership skills. Successful applicants will have a background in areas related to the design and implementation of student leadership, innovation, and/or entrepreneurial programming.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Work collaboratively with faculty and administrators to infuse the BCIL mission and skills into K-12 curricular and extracurricular programming
● Support Curriculum Innovators and Collaborators (CICs) in the creation of lessons, partnerships, and workshops related to the BCIL mission and Core Leadership Skills, specific to each division
● Partner with BCIL Director in overseeing BCIL-designated courses in the Upper School, working closely with teachers and CICs to develop curriculum, support students in semester projects, and gather student and teacher feedback
● Partner with the BCIL Director in managing the BCIL Collaborative, including planning and facilitating BCIL Collaborative meetings and overseeing BCIL spaces
● Support the planning and implementation of BCIL events, including BCIL Impact Challenges, BCIL Innovation Challenge, BCIL Symposium, and West Campus BCIL Speaker Series
● Responsible for the planning and execution of the East Campus BCIL Speaker Series
● Oversee the BCIL Scholars Program, working with members of the BCIL Team including Entrepreneurship Coordinator and Applied Science Coordinator to assign mentors and support student work
● Support BCIL peer leadership programs and initiatives, including Eagle to Eagle, Peer Leadership, peer tutoring, and cross-divisional leadership workshops
● Support the BCIL Director in collaboration with other departments on campus, including Division Directors, Office of Equity and Inclusion, Service Learning, Educational Technology, Communications, Admissions, Alumni Office, and Summer at Brentwood
● Engage in professional and personal development and commit to growth in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion
● Participate and initiate opportunities that demonstrate one’s growth, knowledge, and skills
● Engage and support students of varied identities, lifestyles, and beliefs
● Create an environment that fosters open discussion with the freedom to express varied pints of view
● Teach a minimum of one course
● Other duties as assigned by Director of the Belldegrun Center for Innovative Leadership or Senior Administrative Team
A candidate should also possess the following personal qualities:
● Strong collaboration and cross-cultural competency skills
● A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
COVID vaccination and Booster will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school may be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to the contact person listed below. In your letter, highlight your education and experience specifically related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Belldegrun Center for Innovative Leadership Administrative Assistant
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Email: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com