Website Windward School
Windward School, a grade 7-12 college-preparatory, independent day school in vibrant West Los Angeles, seeks an experienced and innovative educator to join our Science Department as a Part-Time teacher during a temporary parental leave, April – June 2022. The position is for 2 sections of 9th grade Physics and one section of AP Physics C.
Windward faculty and administrative leaders continually seek best practices and educational partnerships to help our students and faculty pursue their passions, engage in cutting edge work, and lead meaningful lives.
Windward’s mission, as a college-preparatory school, is to challenge each student to achieve academic excellence in a nurturing environment. Windward teachers, parents, and administrators work as a team to encourage its students to be responsible, caring, well-informed, ethical, prepared, and well-balanced young adults.
In the Science Department, students and teachers work together to develop a growth mindset, and deepen skills and understandings in critical thinking, scientific reasoning, and problem solving. Laboratory and inquiry-based courses support and challenge students to better understand their own learning processes and to acquire increasingly sophisticated strategies as learners.
A successful candidate will:
● Be cognizant of current trends, pedagogy, research, and topics of importance in science education and be willing to apply it in the classroom and share with other teachers
● Participate actively in the life of the school
● Be open to professional growth and development
● Communicate effectively with students, parents/guardians, and colleagues
● Have a bachelor’s degree in Physics or a closely related field, advanced degree preferred
● Have excellent technology skills and experience integrating technology into the curriculum
All interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter of interest to Susan Herrera, Director of Human Resources, via the Application link.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.