6th Grade Humanities Teacher
Wildwood School is an urban, coed, college-preparatory, K-12 school in West Los Angeles, enrolling approximately 740 students on two campuses. For more than 50 years, Wildwood has been recognized for its innovative practices, progressive pedagogy, and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging programming. Wildwood School’s deep commitment to ongoing professional development feeds a renowned Outreach Center that has provided programming for public and independent school teachers, administrators, and trustees in over 16 states and eight countries. Wildwood School is also a founding member of the Mastery Transcript Consortium.
Wildwood School is currently seeking a dynamic educator who is interested in and responsive to an evolving and innovative educational environment. Wildwood teachers are active participants in the life of the school who understand that we are all responsible for the learning, care, and growth of all Wildwood students. Teachers at Wildwood are encouraged to be life-long learners in their craft who enjoy opportunities to participate in or launch new initiatives.
The current opening for 6th grade Humanities Teacher (social studies and language arts combined) calls for candidates who have:
● Two+ years of teaching experience
● Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in English, History or a related field of study
● Experience facilitating or co-facilitating an advisory group
● Training, demonstrated professional development, or certification in teaching and learning
● Demonstrated commitment to anti-bias education and diversity, equity, and inclusion work
Core duties of Wildwood teachers include:
● Collaborating with colleagues to design instructional materials, projects, and assessments
● Differentiating instruction to meet the needs of a range of learners
● Assessing student mastery of course standards
● Actively engaging in department work to align with colleagues and course standards
● Utilizing a variety of assessment methods to inform instruction
● Providing comprehensive feedback in narrative form twice a year
● Communicating proactively and consistently with students and families regarding student growth and development
Additional responsibilities of Wildwood teachers include:
● Serving as advisors, executing Wildwood’s advisory curriculum with an emphasis on social-emotional learning, multicultural skills building and academic oversight.
● Participating in DEIB learning and skill building
● Contributing to the work of school committees and task forces
● Chaperoning outdoor education or field trips
● Providing supervision for special events and during lunch, recess, and passing periods
Qualified candidates may submit via email a letter of interest, current resume, references, and any additional documents to the attention of Christina McCrary at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org