Website The Webb Schools
Job Title: Library Assistant
Department: W. Russell Fawcett Memorial Library
Reports to: Director of Teaching & Learning Resources
Status: Non-exempt/Hourly, Part-time, Non-benefited
The Library Assistant is responsible for assisting with library services and operations. In addition, it is expected that this person will contribute positively and productively to a campus community that promotes the development of honor, leadership, and character.
The Library Assistant reports directly to the Director of Teaching & Learning Resources for library assignments and works closely with students and faculty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities are assigned by the Director of Teaching & Learning Resources, who may, in his/her sole discretion, alter, add to, or eliminate job assignments at any time, with or without prior notice. The Library Assistant is familiar with the operation of the library and is proficient with the technology designed to support that operation. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· General supervision of students using the library, its resources, and equipment
· Assist students with research
· Check materials in and out, and generate circulation notices
· Assist with substitute duties in Webb’s academic program
· May assist in the provision of information literacy and research skills instruction
· Assist in collection development, cataloging, and maintenance
· Process and shelve new acquisitions
· Process interlibrary lending and borrowing requests
· Process periodicals and daily newspapers
· Maintain library supplies
· Plan and set up library displays
· Prepare discards for sale or donation
· Other duties as assigned
PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES OF WEBB FACULTY & STAFF
· Contributes to the delivery of the mission, vision, and values of the school community.
· Demonstrates inclusive and equitable practices to ensure that all members of the community feel a sense of belonging.
· Follows community policies and procedures and models positive behavior.
· Works effectively as a team member and develops professional and productive relationships with colleagues.
· Understands boundaries and embraces responsibility for the care of students in loco parentis.
· Promotes a trust-based community by keeping appropriate confidences.
· Manages time effectively and meets deadlines and commitments.
· Communicates and responds to all school communications in a timely manner.
· Exhibits flexibility and adaptability to change as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma required and related experience. Library Science degree or certification preferred, as well as experience working in educational settings with students.
A criminal background check is required and must be successfully completed before employment can begin.
Given the responsibilities, specific duties, and authority vested in this position, the Library Assistant must have good verbal and written communication skills. Familiarity with all school/student regulations relating to behavior, etc. In addition, professional demeanor is mandatory and good interpersonal skills are required.
The physical requirements of this position are those needed to successfully fulfill the job duties and responsibilities articulated above. As prescribed by law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and résumé to:
Dr. Mark Dzula, Director of Teaching & Learning Resources
The Webb Schools are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and do not discriminate based on perceived or actual race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, pregnancy (or any related conditions), age, marital status, military or veteran status, medical condition, gender/identity/expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to careers@Webb.org