Website The Webb Schools
Job Title: Mathematics/Computer Science Teaching Faculty Department: Academic
Status: Salaried/Exempt, Full-time, Benefited
Reports to: Associate Head of Schools
The Webb Schools is accepting applications for full-time math/computer science teacher for the 2022- 2023 school year. Ability to teach computer science courses is a plus. Ideal candidates will both share Webb’s commitment to cultivating unbounded thinkers through rigorous, student-driven experiential learning and be excited to share their lives with teenagers in a residential boarding school setting. Each full-time faculty member at The Webb Schools participates in all aspects of our school program, teaching, coaching and/or providing supervision in the afternoon program, serving as an advisor, and performing regular duty in support of the residential program. In addition, faculty members are expected to contribute positively and productively to support an inclusive campus community that promotes the development of honor, leadership, and character and which strives to cultivate a sense of belonging for all.
MISSION AND COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND BELONGING
The Webb Schools are committed to fostering an inclusive school community characterized by openness, acceptance, and empathy, where all members are valued, respected and supported. Our community is strengthened by the diverse views, beliefs, backgrounds and experiences of our students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Embracing diversity in all its many forms is essential to our mission: in particular, our call to provide an exemplary learning community that nurtures future leaders who will act with honor and moral courage and serve with a generous spirit. For more on our values and commitment to DEI initiatives, click here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Teach four classes, including all elements of instructional planning, implementation, and assessment.
· Serve as advisor for a group of 6-9 students, providing guidance in academic, extracurricular, social, and personal areas and serve as the school’s key liaison to parents.
· Dormitory duty, one day per week.
· Weekend duty, approximately seven weekends per year.
· Lead or assist with an afternoon activity or sport in two of three seasons.
· Attend all faculty meetings, department meetings, and other meetings as required.
· Attend all school functions: chapels, assemblies, class meetings, as well as special events.
· Complete academic reports, advisor letters, and other forms of academic communication in a timely, professional manner.
· Promote the development of honor, character, and leadership in all dealings with students, including enforcing school rules and ensuring all students feel safe and welcome in their campus home.
· Pursue opportunities for professional growth on an annual basis.
· Other duties as assigned.
PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES OF WEBB FACULTY & STAFF
· Contributes to the delivery of the mission, vision, and values of the school community.
· Demonstrates inclusive and equitable practices to ensure that all members of the community feel a sense of belonging.
· Follows community policies and procedures and models positive behavior.
· Works effectively as a team member and develops professional and productive relationships with colleagues.
· Understands boundaries and embraces responsibility for the care of students in loco parentis.
· Promotes a trust-based community by keeping appropriate confidences.
· Manages time effectively and meets deadlines and commitments.
· Communicates and responds to all school communications in a timely manner.
· Exhibits flexibility and adaptability to change as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The optimal candidate will have a broad interest in their field of study and a minimum education of a bachelor’s degree (a master’s degree or higher preferred).
A current California driver license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record. A criminal background check must be successfully completed before employment can begin.
Faculty members must be:
· Able to communicate effectively with students, parents, faculty, staff, and administrators.
· Knowledgeable practitioners of their academic discipline.
· Technologically literate and able to guide and direct students’ use of technology.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. As prescribed by law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is for the current 2022-2023 academic year.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and résumé to:
Dr. Theresa Smith, Associate Head of Schools
email@example.com Fax: (909) 482-5272
To apply for this job email your details to careers@Webb.org