Summary: We are currently seeking a full-time Business and Operations Assistant. The Business and Operations Assistant supports all functions of the department and serves as assistant to the Associate Head of School for Finance and Operations.
Nature & Scope of Duties:
- Maintain calendar and organize meetings for the Associate Head of School for Finance and Operations
- Screen and answer incoming calls for the Associate Head of Finance and Operations
- Open mail daily and distribute to department members
- Organize and maintain filing systems
- Additional duties as assigned by the Associate Head of School for Finance and Operations
- Scans weekly accounts payable check run backup and enters into electronic filing system
- Code vendor invoices and enter into accounting system
- On a weekly basis, run Pre-Payment Report, print checks, enter checks in Positive Pay System and mail.
- Review Vendor Statements of Account when received; follow up on outstanding check requests
- Download monthly credit card statements and distribute to card holders for approval and receipts.
- Support Controller with miscellaneous accounting duties
- Maintain daily check log for deposits; scan checks being deposited.
- Scan checks for Advancement; process credit card donations for Advancement.
- Contact parents regarding additional billing (test fees, equipment fees, etc.) and help to collect payment.
- Administer insurance certificates
- Track required insurance certificate filings and remit accordingly
- Maintain insurance policy files
Health and Safety Committee Support
- Support Health and Safety Committee by tracking COVID-19 test results and vaccination status for all students, faculty and staff
- Support Health and Safety Committee with administrative duties
- Oversight of documentation for faculty PD program
- Process PD requests, checking for proper approvals
- Maintain PD Excel spreadsheet tracking employee PD allowances
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize work and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Google Suite, MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Familiarity with accounting software preferred but not required
- General aptitude working with figures
- Professional demeanor, good sense of humor and flexibility is highly desired
- Experience working in a school environment is preferred but not required
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience working in a professional environment
- BA degree – Preferably in Business Administration
The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Beyond competitive pay and benefits, employees enjoy working in a collegial, growth-oriented, and joyful community. We seek employees who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to its mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically. To learn more about the School, visit www.archer.org.
To apply, please click on the link below:
No phone calls, please. The Archer School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.archer.org.