Website St. James' Episcopal School
The Assistant Director of Advancement is a full-time, exempt, 12-month position reporting to the Director of Advancement & Communications and is responsible for the coordination of several key parts of the Advancement program for the school, including overseeing the non-leadership gifts program for the annual fund ($650,000) and supporting the Advancement Director with Party Book events (friend raising events within our family community). This position involves responsibility for reconciling expenditures with the Business Office. Expertise in Blackbaud and Razor’s Edge must be known or acquired. Other requirements include supporting the Advancement Director with co-ordination of the annual Spring Gala (net of $200,000) and Golf Tournament as well as all school event logistics that include parent receptions, cultural events and student events including the 6th grade graduation week.
This position also works as a copy-editor for school publications and must be a strong writer and editor. While reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Assistant Director also works closely with the Head of School Office. While not a requirement, the school highly prefers bilingual applicants, particularly in either Korean or Spanish.
Other duties include:
● Working with the Assistant to the Head of School and the Admission Officer to coordinate school wide projects ensuring that the external relations departments (Advancement, Admission and the Head of School Office) have effective communication and successfully advance the school’s mission, brand and goals.
● Working with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge to reconcile donations and receipts;
● Coordinating parent volunteer committees related to the Annual Fund, Gala, PartyBook and SJS Merchandise;
● Maintain a social media presence and ensure all posts accurately reflect St. James’ Episcopal School; review social media platforms and trends to ensure the School is up to date and current;
● Coordinate, design and copy for annual school calendar.
● Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree in communications, writing, fundraising or related field preferred
● 3-5 years of staff experience in Advancement in a mid-level or senior role
● Experience with Blackbaud, Razor’s Edge and Finalsite
● Proficiency with design programs including Adobe PhotoShop;
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
● Fastidious attention to detail, excellence with grammar;
● Excellent and confident writer;
● Growth-minded and works well with a team.
About St. James’ Episcopal School
St. James’ Episcopal School is a community that values academic rigor, compassion, curiosity, kindness, critical inquiry and excellence grounded in joy. We adhere to a strong belief that an elementary school’s primary purpose is to inculcate in children a lifelong love of learning, a commitment to community, a profound curiosity about people and the world, and gratitude for the opportunity to make our complex world more compassionate, empathetic and nurturing to all of God’s children. St. James’ was established in 1968 as a Kindergarten through grade six program. We encompass most of a block on St. Andrews Place, in Koreatown and Hancock Park. Our preschool is located on Gramercy Place.
St. James’ is comprised of 365 students and over 75 employees, whom we refer to as “staffulty” due to the belief that everything at St. James’ is the curriculum and that all employees are teachers. St. James’ Episcopal School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
St. James’ offers a robust and competitive salary and benefits package including 90% tuition remission for accepted children of staff families.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org