Website St. James' Episcopal School
St. James’ employs several teaching assistants who support with outdoor play, pick up and drop off, substitute teaching and other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Assistant Head of School from 10:00-2:30 and the Co-Directors of Beyond School from 2:30-6:00. Hourly rate is $19.00.
- High School Degree – Associate Degree, BA highly preferred
- Highly responsible with time management, punctuality, following direction
- Profoundly respects childhood and values inspiring and mentoring children
- Demonstrated experience working with children, preferably in camp or classroom settings
- Demonstrated experience leading or coaching in athletics and/or in arts and crafts
- Multi-Lingual highly preferred
- Background in coding, gaming, robotics, drama, arts and reading and writing comprehension preferred
- Being on campus by 10:00 am each morning to support recess and lunch for all grades through 1:30
- Working with individual students throughout the grade levels who may need extra socio-emotional or academic support
- Work closely with the Assistant Head of School in pick up from 2:45-3:30
- Work closely with the Co-Director of Beyond School in after care class assignments, supervising free play on the field and in the fun zone and supporting child pick up from 4:30-6:00pm.
- On many professional development days or parent meetings, teaching assistants will be asked to support with child care; back to school nights, Night of the Arts, etc.
About St. James’ Episcopal School
St. James’ Episcopal School is a community that values academic rigor, compassion, curiosity, kindness, critical inquiry and excellence grounded in joy. We adhere to a strong belief that an elementary school’s primary purpose is to inculcate in children a lifelong love of learning, a commitment to community, a profound curiosity about people and the world, and gratitude for the opportunity to make our complex world more compassionate, empathetic and nurturing to all of God’s children. St. James’ was established in 1968 as a Kindergarten through grade six program. We encompass most of a block on St. Andrews Place, in Koreatown and Hancock Park. Our preschool is located on Gramercy Place.
St. James’ is comprised of 365 students and over 75 employees, whom we refer to as “staffulty” due to the belief that everything at St. James’ is the curriculum and that all employees are teachers. St. James’ Episcopal School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, national origin, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local discrimination laws.
St. James’ offers a robust and competitive salary and benefits package including 90% tuition remission for accepted children of staff families. Please direct all applications to [email protected] and use the subject line “Teaching Assistant”.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org