Oakwood Secondary School seeks applicants for a long-term substitute teacher to cover high school social studies classes from January 22, 2022, to June 17, 2022. The teacher will collaborate with other members of the department to implement curriculum and assessments. Other responsibilities include attending department and faculty meetings or other meetings as needed for student support.
Experience teaching any of the following courses would be desired, but not required: 10th grade world history (20th century), 11th grade advanced United States history (1865 to the present).
● Collaborates with other members of the department in preparing lessons and assessments for teaching and learning in alignment with Oakwood’s mission and philosophy.
● Works closely with students to help them develop critical thinking, research, and expository writing skills.
● Evaluates student progress through a variety of modes of assessment.
● Keeps student records, including online grades.
● Implements a wide array of classroom activities to address multiple learning styles.
● Communicates regularly with student-support team members: parents, other teachers, student services, deans, and other administrators.
● Provides ongoing student feedback, both informal and formal, including written narrative evaluations.
● Meets with students and families as needed.
● Treats students equitably, is sincerely interested in them as individuals, and responds to their needs.
● Actively engages in the life of the school.
● Bachelor’s degree in history or another social science discipline required; Master’s degree or doctorate in history or another social science discipline strongly preferred.
● Prior teaching experience in high school or college.
● Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development in both subject matter and methodology.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Petra Heffron, Director of Human Resources
Oakwood School is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in our workforce.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org