Mirman School for Gifted Children
Mirman School seeks an experienced part-time Assistant Lower School Music Teacher  who is compelled by the school’s mission and committed to the development of children. Teachers at Mirman School support differentiation with our students’ curiosities and passions with cross-curricular integration. Teachers are also engaged in regular collaboration, curriculum development, and pedagogical reflection. Ideal candidates should have knowledge of music education.
At Mirman School, we work collaboratively to support our unique population of highly gifted learners. We have a firm commitment to educating the whole child, and nurturing talents in all dimensions — academic, kinesthetic, and artistic. By fully integrating a commitment to inclusivity as well as a strong social-emotional learning curriculum, we challenge our students and each other to be dynamic problem-solvers and thoughtful citizens of this increasingly complex society.
Mirman School actively seeks to enhance and support diversity and inclusion within its community and is an equal opportunity employer. Mirman School encourages applications from persons of color, women, individuals living with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.
Essential Job Functions
● Collaborates with the music department and follows best practices to design and implement a sustainable music program that addresses the whole child.
● Plans, prepares and delivers creative, dynamic classroom lessons, activities and materials for gifted students under the overall guidance of the Division Head and Director of Music
● Supports the Director Of Music in the successful planning and execution of music performances during school events, and assemblies.
● Provides a positive and creative educational climate for students to learn in.
● Observe and evaluate student academic and social progress, timely submitting grades and report cards according to the established procedures of the school.
● Accurately completes any required reports requested by the school.
● Demonstrates excellent communications and collaborative skills to work with other teachers throughout all grade levels to strengthen community and student experience.
● Abides by and uphold the policies, procedures and ethical standards of the school.
● Demonstrates social skills necessary to manage positive and productive interactions with students, parents, school administration and staff.
● Participates in and support school community activities, programs, and initiatives.
● Participates in meetings and professional development activities.
● Maintains a safe and clean environment that assures the well-being of students.
● Ability to meet the normal hours of work and attendance necessary to provide instruction to students.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred
● 2-3 years teaching experience
● Able to pass state and federal background checks and have clear TB results upon hire.
● Knowledge of strategies and current best practices in music education preferred
● Understanding of independent school methods and ability to effectively integrate best practices of NAIS and CAIS
● Demonstrates basic singing ability
● Demonstrates basic knowledge of an instrument (piano, guitar, etc.)
● Demonstrates basic knowledge of music theory and notation
● Demonstrates basic knowledge of a Digital Audio Workstation (Garageband, Logic, Pro Tools, etc.)
● Demonstrates oral and written communication skills
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students, parents, colleagues, and community members
Mirman School offers a robust benefits package to full-time employees which include medical, dental, and vision coverages. Eligible employees may also participate in the 403(b) retirement plan. Mirman also offers opportunities for the professional development of our faculty and administrators. If interested in applying, please visit our website at mirman.org and provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org