Mirman School for Gifted Children
Mirman School seeks an experienced part-time robotics coach to teach and coach elementary and middle school (4th-8th grade) robotics students as a special during the school day and as part of an after-school competitive team program. Coaches will present developed and tested curriculum in Lego WeDo, Lego EV3 robotics, and Vex robotics. The right candidate will have the ability to create rapport with a young audience of highly gifted children to develop their curiosity of how things work, motivate their critical thinking ability, and develop problem-solving skills. We are looking for an energetic individual with an engaging personality who believes in our philosophy of learning and innovating in a dynamic learning environment. This person will also float as a substitute teacher for multiple middle school subjects. Teachers at Mirman School support differentiation with our students’ curiosities and passions with cross-curricular integration. Teachers are also engaged in regular collaboration, curriculum development, and pedagogical reflection. This position could be a full-time position for the 2021-2022 school year or part-time specific to Robotics..
Robotics classes are held during afternoons on a six letter day rotation, with after school practices 2 times a week (3:30 pm – 4:30 pm) and some Saturday and Sunday practices (TBD). Hours are flexible and based on scheduled classes and coach availability. Typically, our coaches oversee classes twice a week from September to December, with additional months in the event that teams qualify for the World Championships. Coaches can expect to provide 100-150 hours of instruction and leadership during the robotics season.
At Mirman School, we work collaboratively to support our unique population of highly gifted learners. We have a firm commitment to educating the whole child, and nurturing talents in all dimensions — academic, kinesthetic, and artistic. By fully integrating a commitment to inclusivity as well as a strong social-emotional learning curriculum, we challenge our students and each other to be dynamic problem-solvers and thoughtful citizens of this increasingly complex society.
Mirman School actively seeks to enhance and support diversity and inclusion within its community, and is an equal opportunity employer. Mirman School encourages applications from persons of color, women, individuals living with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.
● Passion for working with young people and guiding them in exploration
● Collaborate and design robotics classes together with the STEAM Coordinator and technology department colleagues
● Participate in and support school community activities, programs, and initiatives
● Foster a love and joy for learning
● Comfortable with technology and using computers and mobile devices
● General knowledge of programming language
● Cultivate and model a respectful, safe, creative, and innovative classroom
● Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with other faculty and throughout all grade levels on campus
● Exhibit a sense of humor and commitment with high ethical professional standards and equity perspective
● Driver’s license and reliable automobile with clean driving record (ability to safely transport supplies in multiple large bins)
● Robotics coaching experience
● Coaching and/or teaching experience with elementary and middle school age children preferred
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Flexibility and creativity in working in a dynamic environment exhibiting the qualities of an adult learner dedicated to their craft
● Compassionate to the middle school age and experience
● Culturally competent and engaged community learner
● Exhibit enthusiasm and commitment to the vision, mission and guiding principles of the school
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com