Mirman School for Gifted Children
Mirman School seeks a Lower School Math Specialist who is compelled by the school’s mission and committed to being a supportive educator. Math Specialist is responsible for supporting all formats of learning. The Math Specialist will conduct activities and engagement duties assigned by the Head of Lower School.
At Mirman School, we work collaboratively to support our unique population of highly gifted learners. We have a firm commitment to educating the whole child, and nurturing talents in all dimensions – academic, kinesthetic, and artistic. By fully integrating a commitment to inclusivity as well as a strong social-emotional learning curriculum, we challenge our students and each other to be dynamic problem-solvers and thoughtful citizens of this increasingly complex society.
Mirman School actively seeks to enhance and support diversity and inclusion within its community and is an equal opportunity employer. Mirman School encourages applications from persons of color, women, individuals living with disabilities, and protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal and/or state law.
● Work with the Division head to determine best practices in math programming and curriculum to support equitable learning experiences for gifted learners.
● Work with homeroom teachers to effectively implement a challenging math curriculum for gifted learners
● Plan, prepare, and deliver or support classroom math lessons, activities and materials for gifted elementary students (including elementary and middle school math content)
● Cultivate and model a respectful, safe, creative, and invigorating learning environment
● Utilize best instructional practices, pedagogical approach, materials, and technology to support highly gifted students across cultures
● Demonstrate ability to build immediate and loving rapport with children of all ages; including a passion for teaching and working with students from all communities
● Demonstrate a strong understanding of the academic, social, and emotional development of highly gifted children
● Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with other teachers and assistant teachers throughout all grade levels on campus to strengthen community and student experience
● Communicate effectively and build relationships with students, families, and colleagues
● Regularly analyze data to inform instruction
● Support and provide support and training for Lower School teachers
● Provide and promote an inclusive, positive, and creative educational climate for all students.
● Supports Lower School Homeroom teachers with math curriculum and pedagogy in order to support and meet students where they are.
● Provide math coaching on an individual basis for individual teachers
● Utilize creative learning aids and advancing technological tools provided by the school.
● Look critically at pedagogy and ways to support and advance girls and gender equity in STEAM
● Demonstrate excellence in differentiation strategies and current best practices in teaching mathematics
● Illustrate excellent communication and collaboration skills, creativity, and a high degree of self-direction and flexibility
● Support and/or lead instruction if a teacher is absent or unable to be in the classroom
● Establish and maintain standards of student behavior in accordance with core values and school expectations.
● Implement school protocols in accordance with student safety and wellness
● Assist in implementing all policies and rules governing student life.
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or commensurate experience
● Min 3 years teaching elementary mathematics
● Independent school experience preferred
● Experience working with gifted students preferred
● Experience creating, supporting, and sustaining a culture of access and equity in math education.
● Appropriately credentialed preferred
Mirman School offers a robust benefits package to full time employees which includes medical, dental, and vision coverages. Eligible employees may also participate in the 403(b) retirement plan. Mirman also offers opportunities for the professional development of our faculty and administrators. If interested in applying, please visit our website at mirman.org and provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org